ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake discs/pads - whats best?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Anyone any suggestions on new discs for a 1.6 16v dynamique?
I changed the front pads not long ago to ferodo pads, but the discs are still standard. Bit of noise on front driver side wheel and i cant decide if its the brakes (hence changing discs) or the wheel bearings.

500 Twinair
the noise could be the pads, depending what ferodo pads you have.
If you want a good setup go for a set of brembo disc and keep the ferodo pads, i have that setup with hoses and it is fanastic.
Look on websites like ktec or gdi for ideas

Jack the car up and see if theres any play in the wheel bearing that will sort that out.

Most likly the pads need a bit of copper grease or there one of the cheap copy cat part which are rubish.

IMo stock disk from Halfords etc are more than good enough,.

As for pads well fdb845 ferrdo are good stock pads otherwsie there a few upgrade routes gbut noone realy necessary IMo there green stuff if you want.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
timmyd/edde...
thanx 4the advice guys. I did jack the car a few wks ago n tried the wheel for any play, seemed solid so probs not bearings.
Further investigation needed i think....gona look at changin discs anyway, cars dun 28k now n seems common to change them around that.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
PMSL......not a prayer!!!

They are classed as a serviceable item - like they wont pay for your tyres, pads etc