ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Discs

Right,

Its time for new front brake discs, as mine are getting pretty worn.. Although Ive got a 19 16V, the discs seem to be the same part as for Clio 16Vs...

Id like to fit uprated discs, and just wonder what youre all running..

Dont want to spend silly money though - any suggestions??

Ben

FRST and 106 GTi

I own a RT with valver calipers and ATE PowerDisc 259x20.5 willy size.

Just ask to a dealer about the size... compare the size and buy it. :)

What kind of price am I looking at?

And Im sure its been discussed a thousand times.. But what Brake pad is viewed to be the best? Dont want top top spec, just something thats better than OE, and that doesnt cause loads of dust.

Ben

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your on a smaller budget then Mintex 1144 or Ferodo DS2000 will be best

ive got TarOx G88 with Rally pads on my RT

Ive heard people say Mintex and Ferodo (Sure I heard one rebrands some of the others to sell on - not positive) are good, and not too pricy. Think 19 and Clio 16v might be the same, but couldnt be sure, somebody will know, just wait for them to post.

Alex M

FRST and 106 GTi

Only used lucas, pagid. Now using ATE... the times I went " GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! NO BRAKES!!!" was the fault of the disc.

Got myself from vented 238mm to 259mm and till now Im ok with braking.

Next pads are going to be mintex 1144... got to try them, just for the fun of it. :)

TarOx discs are too expensive... Im not on a TrackDay.

brakes on the clio valver/willy, GTT and 19 are all the same....

Just get some discs, up to you, they dont really make a huge diff.....either std which are fine, tarox if your willing to spend that much or call rally design for some maxtorque groved items for cheap (and better quality than any of the red dot, black daimond, EBC etc etc).......

pads are the most important.....either mintex, pagid or ferodo.......i wouldnt bother with any others.

saying that, std setup is more than ok for the road, but might end up just as expensive as the uprated kit .....lol

recently swapped worn front OE items for:

Brembo Max discs (with a couple of grooves)

Ferodo DS2000 pads.

and... yeah baby! :) i never realised that it would make such a difference. now it bites really good ;)

Si, yeah, thats what they call em.....but they are softer than std.....and pretty good....i use the plain variety....

I use to run group N discs + mintex pads. Best damn setup I ever had, that was on the Astra GSI tho. Never got around to changing the setup on the 172 :D.

Chun.