ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake ducts

197was/second 182is
Hi! Recently I bought 100mm bass port to make brake ducts/ cover holes after removing foglights but unfortunately they won't fit. Anyone got ideas what size will be correct? Maybe someone can give me auction number? Someone done it, but now i can't find who was it. Anyone?

Volvo S40
I think @MarkX was the guy who made it work with the ports. I bought some to try but I broke one of them trying to push fit it! In hindsight enlarging the diameter of the fog light recess slightly beforehand would have been a good idea. Might have another go next time I get some spare time.

Did you remove the fog surrounds or try to fit the ports in place? The fog holes aren't quite round, it takes a bit of squeezing, much easier with the surrounds removed from the car, tight but they go in and don't move when fitted!
4FB2E4CD-E327-47E3-B2E2-73A5B8A716CC_zpsyiepvhks.jpg

197was/second 182is
No I haven't removeed them. I just give it a quick try today, probably will have more time in weekend ... Does ports from auction number 201475761432 looks similar to yours? Thanks for replying!

Volvo S40
I removed the surrounds but maybe I had slightly different ports as they were nowhere near fitting flush even with a lot of persuasion!

197was/second 182is
Can you check if yours are similar to ones from ebay auction number 201475761432. Thanks

197was/second 182is
Right... So with a lot of persuasion they fit to the fog light surround... But I don't know where my saw is and can't cut them as they too long and they need to be filled on top little bid as they overhanging.

Brake ducts 2:0 boorek
Monday round 3...

kingjm

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio ph1 , honda r
Warm the bumper & trim with hot airgun, trim top rear of duct to clear crash bar behind bumper and they push in no probs