ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake dust.... help me before i lob a wheel through my front window....

172 M69 eater
ive looked through and attempted all the brake dust removal ideas i.e. clay, ag wheels cleaner, muc off, some tescos sh*te, fairy powerspray - and had no luck at all.....:mad:

the brake dust is absolutely baked on and will not shift.... is it worth me spending more money on say 'ag engine and machine cleaner' or just get the wheels furbed? is pissing me off as its one wheel, deep brown in colour and as they are matt black wheels it really shows up.... and the shade of black means id have to get them all refurbed if i had to :(

i've been using a couple of wheel brushes i obtained from tesco's.... is there anything else i can use thats abrasive but wont ruin the finish on the wheels???

ta!

patty

R35 GTR
I cleaned 36k miles of baked on brakedust off my alloys with the brush. but turned it round and used is as a chisel with the handle end. took me 3 hours to do one wheel!

172 M69 eater
its stressing me out so much.... i just want the fukkers clean and it seems a never ending process!!!

106 GTi
If the above you have tried wont touch it, AG Engine and Machine Cleaner wont work either.

You tried wonder wheels?

172 M69 eater
where i can get some of this beastly stuff? and will it f**k my wheels over well and truly?

find out who local AG rep is from the AG website, ring em up u may have to buy 5 litres mind which is about 20 quid plus. or ask for a sample, work one area at a time with gloves do not let it dry on this stuff is awful to the point it started to eat my tarmac drive! shifted it tho

Full Fat 182
Megs Wheel brightner in a pressure sprayer at about 4:1 dilution will shift anything, if that doesnt work, i dont know what will. Using it neat on an old microfibre cloth may help after first pre-soaking with the sprayer tho

Lionel Richie
a bit of acid off my mate should work
alien.jpg

;)

Chocolate Bar™
i resorted to using a dremel once on my old wheels. got rid of the stuff that was well and truly stuck on, you just have to be ultra careful not to hold it in the same spot as it may eat a chunk out lol

almost certainly the last resort before having a refurb :p

172 M69 eater
lol @ fred....

they really are stubborn fukkers.... ill post some pics once iv given it another go to see what u guys think :D

patty

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've got dust baked on mine that even wonder wheels doesn't touch, but then I wouldn't use wonder wheels unless you are happy with the prospect of getting them refurbed eventually because it's vicious stuff.

Fred, I'll be up with my wheels soon!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
patty - the dust must really be caked on there? :eek:

I tried some of that Fairy Power Spray off a thread recommendation this weekend and the results were superb. Nearly 20k on these alloys too.

Might melt the pads and discs by the end of the week, mind. ;)

D.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Darren S said:
I tried some of that Fairy Power Spray off a thread recommendation this weekend and the results were superb. Nearly 20k on these alloys too.

^^^^ Knows it makes sense ;) best stuff imo

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh mate . It sounds like its gonna need a refurb , oh well . Plenty of AG super resin , extra gloss protection and some wax should see em right when they've been done . It'll stop any brake dust sticking in the future and make them easy to clean .