ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake fade

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

just went out for some ciggies and thought ill test my brakes in the wet stopped pretty well and was hardly skidding till i tried it agian and the car just wouldnt stop, jumped out felt the discs and they were roasting, my first experience of brake fade

Quote: Originally posted by lozza_cup on 04 January 2005

just went out for some ciggies and thought ill test my brakes in the wet stopped pretty well and was hardly skidding till i tried it agian and the car just wouldnt stop, jumped out felt the discs and they were roasting, my first experience of brake fade
lol

Well Ill be... ;)

really shouldnt fade in 1 application, especially not in the wet!

sure something isnt up, and is it fade?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

was pressing the pedal quite hard and the car just seemed to glide and felt like there was no pedal feel at all

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

well i no you cant post racing threads but i was going some if you can work this out !!%

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

hey benr im looking at upgrading my brakes any recomendations for discs and pads and how much supplied and fitted

I would recommend Ferodo ds 2500 pads and std discs or pagids both quite expensive but so much better than the other brands ive tried.

2005 Nissan Navara

^^^^totally agree...forget these cross drilled/grooved boolox, use Brembo discs from GSF+DS2500 pads

P

peterh2

The standard setup on a cup should be able to stop from >100 several times without fading I would get the brakes checked!

indeed!

The brakes on my Coupe have a LOT more weight and speed to deal with and theyll take a good few 120 lepton-0 stops before they give up the fight in a mahusive cloud of acrid smoke.

If youve got something light like a clio you should hardly have any worries on the road at all! especially something like the cup. Maybe your brake fluid just needs changing, contaminated fluid or somesuch.

omg, i remember hammering the 20v coupe, now THAT had bad brakes........gone in no time at all.

Nippy white cup

I did a lot of laps at Oulton Park on pads that had done quite a few thousand miles and the did fine... lots of 100mph to low speeds. Was well impressed with them...putting some of Yozs specials on at weekend tho :D

They do squeal a lot :mad: and dont have an overly servo assisted feel.

Standard they were not overly confidence inspiring However after changing the discs and pads for nice fresh ones, and getting some DOT 5.1 fluid in there, the thing stops very well indeed, Ive had numerous comments about it, from;

huh, the brakes work then to mailto: F@CK"> F@CK ME mine would never have stopped!!

If the Brembos were so bad I doubt theyd use them on the Focus RS and the Alfa GTA...

Brembo make more than one set of 4 pots.

The units in the fiat are rather, budget.

Not trying to slap off your car, but the engine pulled nicely, sounded nice.........but god was it awful when you had to push any of the other pedals or move the steering wheel from the straight ahead position.

Those brakes.................:sick:

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i do think something is up with them gonna get renault to have a look, recently been making weird graunchy noises,

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

nothing wron with them but just since that happened it hasnt felt right, its only done 9000 miles since may

Quote: Originally posted by civic_legend on 05 January 2005

maybe you had a poo example? it certainly handles ok for a heavy barge! EVO seem to think so too...
barge.....bout sums it up lol.

Sorry, i just really didnt get on with it at all.