ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake fluid change??

ClioSport 172 Cup
My car is at 101k and I don`t think the brake fluid has ever been changed... Has anyone a guide on the correct way to bleed the system on the 172 cup and how to refill? Also whats the recommended brake fluid to use on these cars? Recently fitted brembo discs and pads , so I want to try and replace it with decent fluid.

Thanks,

Sam:approve:

M3, Cup racer'd 182
The way I done mine was slacken the bleed nipple o/s/f and press the brake pedal untill nothing comes out then tighten the nipple, be carefull though as you can pop the diafram seal in the servo (don't press that hard).
I then done the same thing to the n/s/f-o/s/r-n/s/r in this order.

Once the system was dry i filled the pot up with 5.1 dot (racing fluid) normal cars 4.1.

And blead the system in this order remembering to keep checking and topping the pot up
N/s/r
O/s/r
N/s/f
O/s/f

If your not aware
N/s/= near side/passenger side
O/s/= off side/drivers side
And obviously the F stand for front and yes you guested it R stands for rear.

As you have standard system i'd suggest you using 4.1 dot

M3, Cup racer'd 182
^depends on how hands on you are, you can unseize it with the right tools, but better still get a reconditioned calliper or second hand.