ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake lights won't turn off

Clio 182
Driving to work this morning and I got a call of my mate to say my brake lights Were on. Took my car to a garage the other day regarding a fault in which the serv light and traction control light came on after 70mph and he was fiddling round with wires above the brake pedal if that's any use?

Any help apprechaited!

clio 182 black /gold
The brake pedal switch is possibly stuck. Look at the pedal and press it and look to see if the swicth moves.

Da

Less
Yeah he's probably over adjusted the brake pedal switch. It's literally mm accurate so there isn't much room for error.

PH1 172
The switch can be adjusted by pressing it all the way in, which in turn keeps the lights on and then you grip it with your fingers and pull it out to adjust the sensitivity by each click sound it makes....

Clio 182
The switch can be adjusted by pressing it all the way in, which in turn keeps the lights on and then you grip it with your fingers and pull it out to adjust the sensitivity by each click sound it makes....

Thanks matey, sorted it now. Wouldn't pull out so I put my teeth round it and pulled and it worked. Adjusted it and works fine.

Cheers

PH1 172
Thanks matey, sorted it now. Wouldn't pull out so I put my teeth round it and pulled and it worked. Adjusted it and works fine.

Cheers

How the hell did you get your teeth round it in such small gap and between the brake pedal lol....glad its sorted though

Clio 182
How the hell did you get your teeth round it in such small gap and between the brake pedal lol....glad its sorted though

I disconnected it from the wiring so had the plunger style piece in my hand bit it and pulled. Seems my teeth are stronger than my hands :cool:

Clio 182
Just make sure your brake lights actually work now :)

Took abit of fiddling at one point they only worked when I didn't hold the thing down. Not really sure how but its fixed hah.

Cheers for the help guys

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Pressing on the brake pedal and twisting it anti clockwise removes the switch from the pedal. then you can adjust it easily.

PH1 172
I disconnected it from the wiring so had the plunger style piece in my hand bit it and pulled. Seems my teeth are stronger than my hands :cool:

Oh right now I know how it can be done lol

The mental picture that created with a head buried in the pedals using teeth to adjust a brake switch was very amusing.

Yeah it was very amusing and I was trying to work it out haha