ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake noise

Golf GTD Mk7
Been getting some wierd noise coming from the brakes in the past few months under heavy braking. Its hard to explain, but it sounds like a 'wowowowowowowowow' noise :S. It seems to have done it since I did bedford, but 5 months on and its no changed. Brakes have been pressure bled since also, but no change. The braking isn't as sharp and feels less responsive. I usually put some heat through them before any hard braking anyway. Once it has made this noise, the pads seem to grip fine. But should they be doing this? ABS isn't kicking in, its as if they are slipping on the discs. Any ideas? Could they be glazed over? There is still plent left on both discs and pads.

^^Could be??. A mate of mine had similar with his car, but he'd managed to get to the point where pad backing plate was against disc! I told him he deserved a slap! lol

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
Pads and disc are fine, just had service and MOT done. Could there be a problem with the calipers themselves? Its doesn't do it all the time, its unpredictable.

M2 Competition
If you apply brakes lightly can you feel the pad hitting the brake unevenly? As if one of your discs is warped?

Also, are they max discs?

Golf GTD Mk7
They are standard disc/pads. Its not really a creeking noise, and you can hear it in the car when it does it. Would warped discs only make noises on occassion?