ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pad upgrade noise

172 Flamer
Good afternoon,

is it a general rule that any brake pad upgrade (such as the Ferodo DS2500) will cause brakes to squeek & make noise upon application? My standard pads have never uttered a whisper - I wanna get them upgraded but I keep reading on the forum chat that certain pads are 'quieter' than others.

What's the crack? Am I going to have to bear the embarrasment of rolling up at traffic lights on a busy Saturday afternoon in town and my brakes squealing to a halt like a distressed pooch or is it only a tiny, hard to trace & locate noise?

I know that it is a small sacrifice for better, safer stopping power but just wanna hear what people think / choice of pad etc. I have a Mk 1 172 btw

Thanks

Lionel Richie
EBC Greens (new version) = Silent
Pagid blue = squeal like hell
PF 97 = squeal like hell
Ferodo DS2500 = not too bad

they only squeal with normal driving, if you abuse them, they don't make a noise

but if you want better stopping power, there will have to be a sacrifice somewhere