ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pads for a Cup..

Liquid yellow R26 F1
My brakes have finally had it..

Currently running standard pads and disk, etc... I think the disk are ok.. but deffo need new pads.. Any recomendations?

I think the standard ones are good.. and i may do 1 trackday a a year.. but do tend to drive briskly on the road..;).....

don't mind getting heat into them to work.. but don't need mega hard pads so theyre useless unless red hot..

Coments welcome..

Thanks.

BTW.. Would have put it under a different heading.. but need a quick answer..:)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
James, I just put some standard pads on Ang's 182 and thats really good now, lots more bite. Unless you're thinking of getting out on track more I'd stick with what you've got now. The numerous times we've been out your anchors have been great mate.

Si.

Weeman sucks ****
Ferodo DS2500's are the nuts James. I got them with the brembo std discs and Goodridge lines. They're great.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Its awesome. Can't stop driving it. Also can't stop putting £40 worth of Optimax in it... welcome back to the world of hot hatches eh! lol. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Licking windscreen? Thats pretty accurate... taking into account he does have ABS though.

I'm about to go for Brembo Max discs with the new EBC Greenstuff pads.

Like yourself I'm only doing a handful of track excursions this year so spalshing out on a more expensive setup is not really needed.

Renaultsport 220T
DarthCake said:
Licking windscreen? Thats pretty accurate... taking into account he does have ABS though.

PMSL at ^^^, they are pretty good from cold too, surprisingly.
Combined with the Brembo discs, and braided hoses, the stopping power is awesome. I don't need to stand on them either to stop hard.

Liquid yellow R26 F1
Oh really.. :).. .. doing V long hours at work at the mo..:( so probably not poss).. whats that in aid of.?

thanks anyway.. PM me your Mob no just in case..

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Yozzasports the cheepest..

Pads DS2500 for the road and DS3000/PF97s(sparks) for track....

Use std discs for both..

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
ive got redstuff all round on mine, and there fantastic especially when u get some heat in them!!!

Weeman sucks ****
The DS2500's don't wear that much either. Mine have been on for a while now and they've got loads of life left in them. Bit of squeek but I like that, sounds like a tourning car lol.

Liquid yellow R26 F1
Rob.H said:
ive got redstuff all round on mine, and there fantastic especially when u get some heat in them!!!

Intersting.. as i used to have red stuff on my old Scoob and hated them.. initial bite was ok.. but the braking force never seemed to increase.. so the brakes never really slowed the car down. even on a trackday @ Silverstone i never felt really confident with them.. where as the green stuff i had before them were great.. was like throwing an anchor out the back..

I was looking at the DS2500s when I ordered my Sportlines from Yozza a few weeks back, they say "race use only" on the site, is this correct?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ukaskew said:
I was looking at the DS2500s when I ordered my Sportlines from Yozza a few weeks back, they say "race use only" on the site, is this correct?

True but are perfectly fine for the road low dust and last for ages...

They are fast road pads really..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have had DS2500's on mine with standard discs since august and can't fault em

Liquid yellow R26 F1
DS2500 fitted yesterday.. first impressions are very good... drove it for the first time on the way to the station this morning as my GF took it to be serviced yesterday.. so not bedded in yet. but seem to bite well considering..

got a great pedal feel now as well :):):)

cheers for the advice..

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
CHRIS172CUP said:
Ferodo DS2500's are the nuts James. I got them with the brembo std discs and Goodridge lines. They're great.

Ditto best road pads you can buy.

Yozz does the best price i think.

Weeman sucks ****
Still got loads left in them and just done 1000 mile rond trip with plenty of ring action and jon got them smoking. They're great.