ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake pads on 182's - when did you change them?



  tiTTy & SV650
just after 24k mine basically fell apart as they were getting removed for replacement.

40% wear at 12k IIRC
 
  Clio 182
Ah cool, I've done 23.5k with a few track days and live in London - so probably a bit overdue even :S

I only changed the front tyres a week ago and think they should have been changed a bit sooner!!!
 
  tiTTy & SV650
lol 23.5k on original front tyres sounds terrifying, were they not utter shight in the wet? awesome in the dry though, mine lasted 14k and im told thats driving like a pussy but can assure you it wasnt. but 23.5k is taking the piss for front tyres on a 182.
 
  2019 Leon Cupra
i went through 9 pairs of front tyres , 4 pairs of rears, 3 front sets of pads and 2 sets rear pads in my old mk2 172 over 55,000 miles, i bloody hammered that thing alright lol.
 
  Clio 182
rory182 said:
lol 23.5k on original front tyres sounds terrifying, were they not utter shight in the wet? awesome in the dry though, mine lasted 14k and im told thats driving like a pussy but can assure you it wasnt. but 23.5k is taking the piss for front tyres on a 182.


Yeah it was a bit of a handful but then the car always has been. Didn't notice much difference in the wet particularly, it was just as bad in the dry but the new tyres have been a major improvement. They weren't even right down to the markers however, very very close but was told they had uneven wear. Thing is though I'm not some young c**k of a boy racer so I wouldn't necessarily wear them out that quick, I don't have the need to drive like that!
 
  tiTTy & SV650
lol fair enough but 23.5k miles on original fronts in a hot hatch with a 2lt engine must be a record, I thought I was doing well at 14k, im not a wheelspinning kinda guy.
 
  Clio 182
rory182 said:
lol fair enough but 23.5k miles on original fronts in a hot hatch with a 2lt engine must be a record, I thought I was doing well at 14k, im not a wheelspinning kinda guy.


I'm sure I've seen higher mileage on here than me??!!
 
  tiTTy & SV650
whys ur car always been a handful? i'd get the steering alignment, camber, and tracking checked if you're getting uneven wear.
 
  Clio 182
rory182 said:
whys ur car always been a handful? i'd get the steering alignment, camber, and tracking checked if you're getting uneven wear.


I don't know, Renault never found a problem with it when it went in a couple of years ago as I wasn't happy with it... :S
 
  2019 Leon Cupra
i'm no young c**k if your on about me lol, just drove the the 172 very hard, and there was quite alot of track in the 3 years of ownership.
 
  Clio 182
gtvlew said:
i'm no young c**k if your on about me lol, just drove the the 172 very hard, and there was quite alot of track in the 3 years of ownership.

lol no sorry wasnt talking about you, I don't know you and your driving to comment, I just meant in general.
 
I did 26k on my 172 Renault pads, lasted for ages - don't think my current pads will last so long though, not after last nights antics.
 


Top