ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pedal Issues

Arctic Blue 182FF
I have recently had the brake lines flushed with ATE Super Blue, and the brake pedal bite itself is great, but I am finding that the pedal travels a bit without any actual braking as such.

I did a bit of reading on several posts and there has been some pointing to air in the ABS pump, but others pointing to a seized caliper or issues with the calipers themselves.

Would anyone be able to shed any light on this?

Arctic Blue 182FF
how is the pedal with engine off?

how did you bleed? pressurised?

With the engine off the pedal has the travel until it's pumped

And I got a garage to do it so I am not sure, I think it was done through the old method of having some on pump the pedal in the car

Clio 172 182 197 200
Agreed, sound like it had air, We always do the Furthest one away from the servo first and work out way round, always chen them a few times.

Arctic Blue 182FF
is there any particular way in which to bleed the brakes then? pump the pedal till its solid THEN loosen the bleed nipple?