ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pedal looses pressure the longer you hold it

Clio, 350Z
Hello again folks. Seems I only post here when I need something...but that's what you get for being so helpful ;)

The daily is giving me grief again (probably time to get rid of it), the brake pedal is loosing pressure the longer its pressed for. So for example during a long slow stop it starts slowing the car fine, but then when you expect it to bite and actually stop the car, there's nothing left! Nearly gone out into roundabouts a few times now.

I bled the brakes so there is brand new fluid in there and have kept an eye on the level, it's definitely not loosing fluid. The front disks and pads also have plenty of life.

The only thing I haven't checked yet is the rear drums....if they are worn out, could that be the cause?

Thanks in advance!

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
Hello again folks. Seems I only post here when I need something...but that's what you get for being so helpful ;)

The daily is giving me grief again (probably time to get rid of it), the brake pedal is loosing pressure the longer its pressed for. So for example during a long slow stop it starts slowing the car fine, but then when you expect it to bite and actually stop the car, there's nothing left! Nearly gone out into roundabouts a few times now.

I bled the brakes so there is brand new fluid in there and have kept an eye on the level, it's definitely not loosing fluid. The front disks and pads also have plenty of life.

The only thing I haven't checked yet is the rear drums....if they are worn out, could that be the cause?

Thanks in advance!

maybe faulty brake servo?

Clio, 350Z
Are either of those quick and or cheap to replace? Are there any indications that I can look for? Which would be the path of least resistance?

Thanks again!