ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pedal travel

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Had both rear calipers changed on Tuesday and I'm not happy with how the pedal feels. There appears to be a lot of travel before it engages, but once it's there it feels firm and doesn't fall to the floor, and the brakes seem to work fine. Have they just been bled badly, or is there something else I can adjust to bring the pedal back up to its original position?
I need to fix this before Saturday as I just don't feel confident enough in the brakes to take it on track 😔

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yep, as above mate. Definitely needs another bleed. Did a garage do it? Ive done a few DIY brake bleeds and ive never managed to get it as 'tight' as the garage could?

Also, have you tried taking the handbrake off?

(joke)

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yep, as above mate. Definitely needs another bleed. Did a garage do it? Ive done a few DIY brake bleeds and ive never managed to get it as 'tight' as the garage could?

Also, have you tried taking the handbrake off?

(joke)
Yeah it was a garage that did it. I would take it back there but given how long it took them to change the calipers (10.5 hours) I'd probably not get the car back until Monday 😂
Weirdly I've always had the opposite experience, bleeding the brakes myself with a mate helping has always seemed firmer than garages have managed.
I'll grab some brake fluid on the way to CSF on Friday and bribe someone with a can of IPA to help me bleed them 😏

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yeah it was a garage that did it. I would take it back there but given how long it took them to change the calipers (10.5 hours) I'd probably not get the car back until Monday 😂
Weirdly I've always had the opposite experience, bleeding the brakes myself with a mate helping has always seemed firmer than garages have managed.
I'll grab some brake fluid on the way to CSF on Friday and bribe someone with a can of IPA to help me bleed them 😏
Sounds like a good idea!

Considering how much Milwankee @dann2707 has packed, im sure he will be able to do a simple task like bleeding brakes.

Hell, hes probably got a million quid mobile bleeder that makes dinner and plays you a tune too!

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Send me the name of the garage so I can avoid them. Can always take it to my brothers in Knaresborough if you're local. You'd know pretty much all my family then 🤣
I can't complain too much, they did a good price for cash, and they were the only garage in the area who could fit me in at short notice. Just a bit weird turning up at 9am like I was told and finding all the doors shut, then rang the guy and he said he was coming in late, then not starting on my car until about 5pm. I was off all day, I could have had a lie in 😂

If your brother could fit me in tomorrow morning that'd be amazing tbh. No worries if not though, I've got Friday evening and Saturday morning to bribe people to help 👍

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I can't complain too much, they did a good price for cash, and they were the only garage in the area who could fit me in at short notice. Just a bit weird turning up at 9am like I was told and finding all the doors shut, then rang the guy and he said he was coming in late, then not starting on my car until about 5pm. I was off all day, I could have had a lie in 😂

If your brother could fit me in tomorrow morning that'd be amazing tbh. No worries if not though, I've got Friday evening and Saturday morning to bribe people to help 👍
I'll pm you mate. He was on holiday, who knows if he still is.