ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Problem (182)

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
i have noticed a couple of times on the 182 that the brake pedal is really hard tp press with little travel. The brakes still work (not so sharp though) and when i stop and start the engine it appears to cure it.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be or if anyone has experienced similar problems.

Cheers

Ant

RenaultSport clio 17
I am currently having the same problem and it has renault stumped. I have a 172CUP.

I have had a new servo as I thought this would cure it, it didnt.

New master cylinder (which was Renaults idea) which I thought wouldnt work and it didnt.

They have changed some spring unit on the back of the car and a valve unit somewhere. Sorry cant be more specific as they never are when telling me whats been done.

I am going back yet again to attempt to get this resolved, it's getting beyond a joke and it's dangerous too!

BMW M3
^^^ thanks lastman, Just replied to your PM.

My problem i'm having, the pedal actually feels ok but the braking is not happening. In town its ok, but high speed braking is actually quite dangerous and have had to take it easy recently. Its gets quite hard at the bottom as if there is air in the system but am i having the system bled and some dot 4 put in plus some Ferodo DS2500's which i need anyway, so will see if that helps. My brakes have never been that good anyway so hopfully should be an improvement. Will get renault to check it over to see if there are any faults and will report back if they find anything.

Jus

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I have been monitoring mine over the last few days. It seems to start doing it after you open it up a little, as soon as you do it reamins until you turn the engine off. Im gonna book it in to get it checked.

Thanks for your responses peeps

are brakes covered under warranty??

i.e. if they need bleeding? mine are shite at the minute, put ds2500's in and still not much better.. very dangerous at times.

any idea how much renault would charge to flush the brakes with new fluid ?(fluid provided by me as ive got some silkolene stuff)

GuyS said:
are brakes covered under warranty??

i.e. if they need bleeding? mine are sh*te at the minute, put ds2500's in and still not much better.. very dangerous at times.

any idea how much renault would charge to flush the brakes with new fluid ?(fluid provided by me as ive got some silkolene stuff)
£60 or so depends on dealer.
You can get any garage to do it for about £30~40 realy.
Brakes arn't covered underwarently ie consumables it pads but servos etc are covered.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:
£60 or so depends on dealer.
You can get any garage to do it for about £30~40 realy.
Brakes arn't covered underwarently ie consumables it pads but servos etc are covered.

Good bleed and new fluid should cure it. But as Edde advises get it done properly..!