ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake problem. No pedal

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob
right here goes my front drivers side brake was binding slightly so decided it was time to sort it out as i was making a trip to wales the day after. So took caliper off (not from brake pipe tho) cleaned up he carrier, pads and caliper itself, pushed piston back in a bit just to get it back over the pads put it all back together everything went together fine no probs all nice and free. Got in car pumped brake back up it felt fine untill about half hour after when i drove down the road pedal went to the floor so i pumped the pedal and it came back up as soon as i let off and back on it went to the floor again.
So at this point i thought i had done the master cylinder in cos when i pushed the piston back (very slightly) i forgot to take the cap of reservoir so i thought i had done seals in the master cylinder
So got a second hand master cylinder put it on yesterday got my ezibleed out deflated my tire to 20psi conected it up bleed all 4 nipples till i had no air and nice new fluid flowing when i had done that got in car and pedal went straight to the floor only the resistance from the master cylinder spring no hydraulic pressure so tried bleeding again still the same put nearly 2 litres of fluid through now and still no pedal

please any help would be very gratefull thanks Dave

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob
right here goes my front drivers side brake was binding slightly so decided it was time to sort it out as i was making a trip to wales the day after. So took caliper off (not from brake pipe tho) cleaned up he carrier, pads and caliper itself, pushed piston back in a bit just to get it back over the pads put it all back together everything went together fine no probs all nice and free. Got in car pumped brake back up it felt fine untill about half hour after when i drove down the road pedal went to the floor so i pumped the pedal and it came back up as soon as i let off and back on it went to the floor again.
So at this point i thought i had done the master cylinder in cos when i pushed the piston back (very slightly) i forgot to take the cap of reservoir so i thought i had done seals in the master cylinder
So got a second hand master cylinder put it on yesterday got my ezibleed out deflated my tire to 20psi conected it up bleed all 4 nipples till i had no air and nice new fluid flowing when i had done that got in car and pedal went straight to the floor only the resistance from the master cylinder spring no hydraulic pressure so tried bleeding again still the same put nearly 2 litres of fluid through now and still no pedal

please any help would be very gratefull thanks Dave
or do i need to get i plugged in at renault to cycle the abs n get all the air out as i have had master cylinder of which is upstream from abs block?

RS2004
As you did extensive beleeding the conventional way with no results, unless you have a leak somewhere in the system it sure is the ABS unit that needs bleeding. Only way to do it is to keep the solenoid valves open while bleeding using either the Renault tool (Clip) or any aftermarket tool able to do it (ie: RSTuner or else).

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob
As you did extensive beleeding the conventional way with no results, unless you have a leak somewhere in the system it sure is the ABS unit that needs bleeding. Only way to do it is to keep the solenoid valves open while bleeding using either the Renault tool (Clip) or any aftermarket tool able to do it (ie: RSTuner or else).

so i can open the solenoid valves using an rs tuner. was going 2 purchase 1 of these just before all this happened. might aswell get 1 now then if thats the case thanks