ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake problem.

LY 182
Hello,

I seem to be having problems with my brakes. Recently, when I use my car in the mornings to go to work I go to the end of my road, hit the brake and hardly anything happens. I almost went head first into a car on a main road passing my street! I wasn't going very fast at all.

Now when it first happened a thought it might have been wet discs or a bit of grease. But it seems to happen every morning. I know it has been wet as of late but it has been fine in the past.

After a few minutes of driving the brakes go back to normal.

Any ideas? :S

Cheers!

Maybe your sliders are a bit seized or your pads are a bit tight in the calliper. You could remove the pads and clean all the corrosion and dirt that builds up between them and the calliper and grease the sliders while you are there.

Mine does the same at the moment. I know my sliders are OK, most likely my pads are a bit tight in the calliper.

LY 182
Thanks mate, some good advice. I fitted the pads and discs so should be able to do this. Will let you know how I get on!

Cheers!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sliders? Do you mean pistons? If anything that'd meant he brakes would bind