ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Servo Vacuum Hose

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi,
I have major brake issues on my PH2 182 - the brakes felt like they were binding until they are pretty much full on. Mechanic thinks it's the Vacuum Hose to the brake servo but apparently this part isn't supplied any more.

Anybody had this issue before, what the actual part is and where i can get one quick?
Thanks a lot.
Justin.

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Camberley area - Surrey / Hampshire - not sure what it looks like, how to get it out - does it need to be from another 182 or any Clio?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

330i. E30 Touring.
Jacob something on Facebook. He's camberley based and breaks 182's every now and then..

Any 1*2 has the same hose.

330i. E30 Touring.
@edwarj123 This is the guy i mean:

Jacob.jpg

PH2 172
Hi,
I have major brake issues on my PH2 182 - the brakes felt like they were binding until they are pretty much full on. Mechanic thinks it's the Vacuum Hose to the brake servo but apparently this part isn't supplied any more.

Anybody had this issue before, what the actual part is and where i can get one quick?
Thanks a lot.
Justin.

How can a vacuum hose cause the brakes to bind on?
It can only fail if it leaks, in which case the brake pedal would be rock hard, without actually causing any retardation.

To test it, pump the brake pedal a few times, and then, keeping your foot on pedal, start the engine.
If the pedal is sucked down, there is nothing wrong with the vacuum hose.

clio williams 2
The section on ours that had melted was adjacent to the exhaust manifold I carefully cut back just behind the bend coming out of the bulkhead and replaced the section with some 8mm ( 5/8") vacuum hose ( old school rubber type ) moving it away from the exhaust area, Clipped each end. Worked a treat.