ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake set up for daily use and track

Clio 182
Hi all. New to the forum. New to French cars. Bought my clio 182 a few months ago.

My whole plan was to daily drive it and track it every so often.
Does anyone else daily drive their 172/182 and track at the weekends

What brake set ups are you all using? Been looking on k-tec racing and was debating between Brembo carbon discs or ktr grooves discs

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Jack

Standard discs in Brembo HC, Pagid OE or Mtec grooved/dimpled. Pads is all down to how you brake? PBS is a good all-round option albeit they need heat to bite properly. If on a budget and want cold bite, Mintex M1155 front and Pagid OE rears is a decent set up. Ferodo DS1.11 are the best.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
welcome along @jdlunt , send me a PM Jack, I can get you sorted with your brakes and other parts. Various options depending on budget, spec of car, driving style , if wanting one pad for both , or to swap out for road and track etc etc

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Correct fitment and bedding in makes a difference to these and most other uprated pads for the 172/182. They want to have room to expand when hot, 1mm of vertical play when cold will do it

Clio 182
Correct fitment and bedding in makes a difference to these and most other uprated pads for the 172/182. They want to have room to expand when hot, 1mm of vertical play when cold will do it

So would brembo high carbon discs and Ferodo ds2500 pads work well with standard wheels?

535d / t5 caravelle
I'm not liking the ds2500 pads.

No bite and a wooden pedal, I'd go as far to say genuine Renault where better.

I rated my ds2500 and brembo’s very highly for fast road use, good bite from cold and well upto the job on track, on my Megane the same pads where dog s**t.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been running CL RC6 pads for the last 4-5 years on my 172, They have impressive cold bite from cold (so are fine on the road) and are excellent on the track.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been running CL RC6 pads for the last 4-5 years on my 172, They have impressive cold bite from cold (so are fine on the road) and are excellent on the track.

Where did you get these pads mate & do they squeal at all?,i will need pads later on next year and thinking mintex 1144 at the moment,will just be fast road use or just stick with a decent standard pad.