ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake setup help

a green 1
Right here i go,

I currently have a standard 182cup and am looking at upgrading the brakes, here are my thoughts,

Front.

Brembo max discs - EBAY £90
EBC redstuff pads - EBAY £70

Rear.

Keep the standard ones that are already on,
Upgrade to EBC redstuff - EBAY £43.50

Goodridge braided hose kit - EBAY £51

Total = £253.50

Would i have to replace the rear disc if im getting new pads? Also do you think these are reasonable prices or could i get better for cheaper?

Thanks

a green 1
really ah well im not v technically minded thats why i asked other ppls opinions, what would you recommend fred?

Mercedes SLK350
Leave the rear set-up as standard, I don't think there is much, if anything to be gained by making any change.

On the front, go with Goodridge S/S braided hoses (£50), Brembo High Carbon discs (G.S.F. £55 ish) and try E.B.C. Yellowstuff pads (£54 from RiceRocket).

There you go, I have saved you £90.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Agree - Fred's is good.

As above don't touch the backs - they do so little my rear pads lasted 93,000 miles.

And unless you are a track junkie Brembo High Carbon discs are good enough.

a green 1
so you'd highly recommend that one then? how much would it be delivered? do cs members get any discount? (you dont ask ya dont get :) )

Mercedes SLK350
arent yellow ebc for track use? would i not benifit more from either the greenstuff or redstuff?

I'm using Greenstuff pads, they took me a while to get them bedded in so they did not fade under heavier braking. About 1000 miles worth of bedding in was needed in my case.

Redstuff are very harsh pads and will destroy your discs.

I have heard some good comments about Yellowstuff pads, they will be my next choice.

a green 1
i was thinking would i even have to get new discs for the front if im upgrading the pads?

im thinking now just new pads and braided lines,

whats youre opinion guys?

a green 1
Ferodo DS2500 Clio 172 / 182 Front Brake Package inc. Moquip Braided Hoses,

you'd recommend these then fred?

how much would these be delivered?

Thanks

megan R26.R number 006