ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake setup

CTR

Clio 2 rs
Hello,
What is the best choice of brakes for a clio 2 tracktool?
For the moment i will stay with the stock calipers but wich pads and discs would you recommend for track use?

thanks

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Cheers @0ss I can get you sorted with your brakes and various other parts @CTR . Plenty run the OE size brake set up with decent pads, fluid and brake cooling from the front fogs with out issue
Depends on car spec, use, budget etc etc, send me a PM with more info and I'll get some suitable options/info over (y)

Reactions: CTR

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Best setup with standard calliper I used was tarox 2000 disc with carbon Lorraine RC6 pads and moral 660 brake fluid. Never any brake fade on track. Amazing speed scrubbing and stopping power!

CTR

Clio 2 rs
I already replace brake fluid to motul rbf 600 and goodridge brake lines.
thanks for the advice @green, i see few people run OE discs with CL is this a good budget option ?

CTR

Clio 2 rs
anyone has fotos or guide to brakes cooling, i’m struggling beaucause the wheel touch the pipe always..

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I use RC5+ pads and OE discs on the rear as the Clio seems to scrub off more speed with those pads in there. A lot of people say the rears don’t do much but I’ve found they do help a lot. That is on track not down to the shops

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
There is a guy on eBay who sells brake ducts that fit in the fog light holes with noncorrosive ducting.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
PBS pads all round are the best budget option in my opinion.

I've ran the setup for 2 years now and don't see the need to change anytime soon.

Used to run CL's but the friction material kept falling off the backing plate. I put it down to cold wet use and them not liking it.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
@CTR i got something like this. Not cheep but perfect fit. Only need to drill wheel arch covers.
6E1AC0D9-2508-4FA1-97E1-31D380F5BC6D.jpeg

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Cooling is important. It lowers pad and disc wear.
I use RC5+ pads and OE discs on the rear as the Clio seems to scrub off more speed with those pads in there. A lot of people say the rears don’t do much but I’ve found they do help a lot. That is on track not down to the shops
Largely cheap cars get cheap brakes. Its a mentality thats hard to shake and the justification is not always correct.
The rear helps enough that its worth using if you like being the last to brake. Helps stabilise the car too.

CTR you ideally want an endurance pad for regular track work. Ferodo DS1.11 has always been popular but I prefer the response of the Winmax W5
Have a browse of my site KAM Racing . We tend to write up a bit of guidance on the products we sell.