ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake upgrade

Well my disks are pretty much shot away front and rear and it seems like Im never going to get the time to do it myself.

I was thinking, does anyone know of a decent disk/pad upgrade that will cost much the same as Renault will charge to supply and fit their standard stuff. Or less would be nice. They dont have to be mega performance as most of my time is spent on motorways. But I may turn it into a track car when I eventually get a new car.

Would appreciate any advice and pricing

I take it you dont approve of K-TEC?

I know bugger all about them, just had a peek at their site, looks like they only do a kit which includes calipers. I dont really need mega performance brakes, just hoping I might find something better and cheaper than what Renault will fleece me for (needs to include fitting as I have no spare time for a while)

I think Chris H is a brake expert or so he thinks he is:D

Go for a standerd rear set up with some rear pads from Ktec..

Front is up to how much you wanna spend, I fitted some Pagid 16 groove disks up front with Mintx pads and I must say it feels GRRREAT!!!! and brakes well too!!!;)

Buy the stuff seperatly and get your local garage to fit it in, cant be that much If I can do it myself:cool:

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you wanna do it cheap an get better than standard performance simply get a set of K-Tec kevlar pads..........

oh an Ben.........;)

surprised u didnt reply with your standard brakes reply, get some Raldes group N discs with mintex 1144 pads........

hehehehe

I think Chris H is a brake expert or so he thinks he is

Is that a sarcastic comment?

As for K-Tec I dont recommend them, but we all know why this is...

And like Ben standard clobber is more than up to the job.

I run standard halfords discs (worn) and ferrodo pads and knackered drums and halfords shoes on the back and I can outbrake pretty much anything. Ask Rusty or Soneji or Ben_ren19_16V...

Depending on where you are i could fit the brakes and supply discs and pads for a small fee.