ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake warning light problem?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
My 'STOP' light and brake warning lights keep coming on whenever I'm sat on an incline at traffic lights or if I corner hard on a long bend.

I've checked the brake fluid level but it's topped up - ie about an inch from the very top of the spout.

Can't be my pads can it? I don't have wear indicators on them, besides it's fine stopping the car, just after about 20 seconds sat on an incline the lights come on.

Car has never had it's fluid chaged (53 reg 172 on 44k) so could it just be down to the fluid being worn out?

Cheers.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
double check the fluid - check the sensor / float in the reservoir / check the connection. Bleed and re-fill if nescessary

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Fluid looks quite black and shiny, like oil almost?! Don't think it's ever had the fluid changed so I guess changing it on my due 48k service can only help it.

Cheers.

Clio 182 (black)
My 'STOP' light and brake warning lights keep coming on whenever I'm sat on an incline at traffic lights or if I corner hard on a long bend.

I've checked the brake fluid level but it's topped up - ie about an inch from the very top of the spout.

Can't be my pads can it? I don't have wear indicators on them, besides it's fine stopping the car, just after about 20 seconds sat on an incline the lights come on.

Car has never had it's fluid chaged (53 reg 172 on 44k) so could it just be down to the fluid being worn out?

Cheers.

I have the same problem on my 182 and its a 54 plate. I had it serviced today & they checked everythink & said everythink seems fine. So i dunno wot it could be, im gonna tak it out later & see if it still does it after brake fluid change.