ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes completely f$%ked, PLEASE HELP

clio sport 172
Been on a clio meet today with some other people from round carlisle. Drove over 200 mile most of which was hard driving and braking. Car was preforming really well until we got about 5 mile from carlisle and my brakes started grinding really loudly!!! Not had the wheels off it yet but wondering if anyone knows the problem??? Need to use the car for work tomorow so a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

clio sport 172
Thats exactly what i was thinking. They are only 3 month old tho. Thought mintex where ment to be quite good? You think im safe to drive it to halfords about 4 mile away?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
if it gets driven hard alot then pads wont last very long, i killed a set of redstuff in 3 months so standard mintex will wear pretty fast

clio sport 172
Probs wont help using drilled and vented disks. Shouldn't knacker the disks if i drive it carefully for a couple of days would it??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just go out and look at it, take the wheel off, the braking system aint exactly complex. If they grind when there applied should be pretty obvious what it is.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Discs will 99% need replacing after that.
Will probably be badly scored.

clio sport 172
Yeah a fitted them myself anyway. Ill have to look tomorrow at work now. Just dont want to knacker the disks driving there.

clio sport 172
The disks look fine at the moment, No score lines or anything. As soon as i felt them grinding i stopped driving hard and nursed it home. Fingers crossed there ok on the backs