ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes HELP......

Rs monaco 172 mk2
when changing my rear brakes.... do i need 2 change my bearings or my ABS sensor, or can i just get away with changing just the disc's and pads.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Bearings come pressed in the new disks. ABS sensor? never touched any of that when doing mine.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think he means the abs rings ?? If your new discs don't come with the abs rings you'll have to remove them from your old discs and put them on your new discs . Heat them up to remove them .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Good question ! If you haven't , make sure you buy ones with the bearings already in and abs rings .

If you have , use a blow torch to heat them up , they should just drop off , while they are still hot put them on your new discs .

Rs monaco 172 mk2
no havent bought them yet.......
i know they can b quite expensive all in.....
anyone know where i can get a set from (rear's). without it hurting my pocket.... if not i just have 2 make do with just the pads... wats ur advise on decent, inexpensive rear pads. which one's?

Rs monaco 172 mk2
shitttttt that aint cheap......
luckly rear disc's are still ok....
looks like pads it is....
which one's u reckon without hurting the pocket...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why you want to replace them if they are ok?
Any rear pads are fine they don't do much from what people say on here.

Rs monaco 172 mk2
cheers gud man......
its just tat iv got alot of things 2 change....
im doing 60k service + cambelt replacement and brakes...
tryin 2 on top of thigs, makin sure i do all necessary stuff and not forget anything...
wat u reckon? do u think iv left anything out:
1. front disc's + pads
2. rear pads
3. cambelt kit.
4. aux belt
5. oil filter
6. fuel filter
7. spark plugs
8. oil.

also is there any particular brands 2 go 4 in regards 2... oil...spark plugs..... etc....

Rs monaco 172 mk2
its just that i need 2 know wat i do and dont need..... cause im goin 2 b doin everything myself .... so u reckon iv covered all the parts list....

Rs monaco 172 mk2
cool...... rule tat 1 out then......
also my stop and handbrake lights flash on and off alot of the time....
also i just did the quick diagnostic check... came up with fault "t" and "h".... something 2 do with ignition and oil sensor respectively

Rs monaco 172 mk2
nice...... but i suspect tat wouldn't sort the faults out would it,.....
wouldn't they still b there... or am i wrong... it will sort it out

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had the " t " come up on my 172 once . I reset it and it never came back again .

Rs monaco 172 mk2
ok.... i'll try it..
but doesn't it mean iv got a problem with the injection system though...
and should'nt it b checked out or rectified