ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes sticking

Clio 172
Hi Guys,

I have driven my Clio only a couple of times recently (I have a company car so it only gets driven really for track days) and the brakes are sticking. I never leave the handbrake on but leave the car in gear. I am concerned this is going to start to destroy my discs and pads. Any suggestions what to do to prevent it or do I not need to worry about it?

Cheers Andy

2007 Clio 197 r27
Remove the sliders in the calipers if your brakes are sticking and if this is the cause they will be rusty and hard to remove just get some grit paper on it an put some copper grease on em, ban em back in an bond ur uncle

Remove the sliders in the calipers if your brakes are sticking and if this is the cause they will be rusty and hard to remove just get some grit paper on it an put some copper grease on em, ban em back in an bond ur uncle

Wont copper grease damage the rubber gaitor?

2007 Clio 197 r27
I doubt it, but it's up to you, I suppose you could just clean it up and put it back dry but you will just be having to do it again sometime

clio 172
im having problems with my o/s rear caliper sticking when doing track days, leave 30 mins to cool down and all is ok utill you take it back out on track, normall driving on the road even quite hard is ok,i have bled the brakes but still keeps happening