ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes

clio 172 ph1
I need to get some new pads on the front and rear of my mk1 clio 1.8 16v. On the front i have uprated drilled and grooved disks and standard disks on the back. Can anyone reccomend what i should go for as its a bit of a foreign language to me. I dont want to spend the earth on pads but want a decent pad if that makes sense. Cheers.

Valver
What have you been doing to need new rear pads lol they last longer than the car! have you got standard calipers on the front and rear?

EBC do good brake pads for 'sport street use' called 'green stuff' pads (they're green) you can pick them up for around £30?

I managed to get a good set from my local scrappy off a 16v and they were *cough* pretty cheap *cough* if u know what i mean ;)

I have standard pads all round - work fine! Heh.

£12.50 ex VAT for fronts from GSF.. about £25 (probably less) for the back.. sorted!

clio 172 ph1
Cheers for that. Yeah i think it has standard calipers front and rear. That shouldnt be a problem though should it? Someone mentioned that red dot were supposed to be quite good??

Standard disk ie no fancy stupid drilled stuff as they only crack and are less effective than normal ones. As for pads depends hwo you drive the Halfords £17 ones (ie the more expensive of the two they sell) are very good value for money but if you realy drive on track get some DS2500's. Just make sure the setup is fully bled and most importantly stick some good fluid in the system some good Dot 4 is what you want. Forget 5.1.