ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes

1.2 16v
i am looking for a good road setup for a 1.2 16v as i mainly drive on country roads and lans, it appears that brembo max discs and some mintex pads are a fauvoured option, can any1 suggest a fullsetup, looking to spend around £100, cheers.

p.s. i have rear drums so front only:)

Stock disks (£50~60 from Halfords or other parts places) and stock FDB 845 pads (£17.99 at Halfords) and bleed the brake fluid with some decinet dot 4 stuff.

Thats more than enough.

T

thecremeegg

edde is there a guide anywhere on how to bleed brakes? mine need doing and i'm reluctant to pay

cheers

edde is there a guide anywhere on how to bleed brakes? mine need doing and i'm reluctant to pay

Nope I'm meaning to write one but its quite simple.

Get a oneperson Gunson eazy bleed kit from Halford etc for £17 or so and follow the instructions.

You just fill it with fluid and attched it to both the fluid reservoir and a car tyre with max 12psi in (I've got a load of spare wheels so its no a problem)

Then just open a bleed nipple with a pipe attched and let the fluid run out you'll see air bubbles and after a 20 seconds of seeing nice constant flow close the bleed nipple back up replace the rubber cover cap and do the next wheel.

T

thecremeegg

Ah brilliant, thanks. Didnt know you could get kits, that makes it sound quite simple

1.2 16v
the stock setup i have now is ok, vented discs, but i have been in other 1.2 16v with mintex uprated brakes and the stopping distance is a lot shorter than mine