ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes

my front drivers side brakes is making a griding noise, and i reckon the pads gone and it now grinding on the disc. Does any one know house much it will cost for a new disc brake. cheers

Lionel Richie

you must cange them in pairs (including pads)

new discs are around £50 (pair) new pads around £15 (front set)

Halfords £50 of new disks.
£15~17 for pads
Nothing wrong with halfords they just difficult someotimes as many employees dont have a clue what there on about.

Quote: Originally posted by stroodle on 07 August 2005
my front drivers side brakes is making a griding noise, and i reckon the pads gone and it now grinding on the disc. Does any one know house much it will cost for a new disc brake. cheers

when you brake HARD, do your car swing to any side?

took the wheel off 2day looked at the break metal an metal, no pad left. rang a place me mate told me about, £27 disc (pair), £15 pads (pair). but theres 3 types of pads, so the thinkos told me 2 take the brake down wiv me, HOW AM I MEANT 2 GET THERE WIV NO BRAKES!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by stroodle on 09 August 2005
took the wheel off 2day looked at the break metal an metal, no pad left. rang a place me mate told me about, £27 disc (pair), £15 pads (pair). but theres 3 types of pads, so the thinkos told me 2 take the brake down wiv me, HOW AM I MEANT 2 GET THERE WIV NO BRAKES!!!!!

Even if you knew which type you wanted how were you going to pick them up anyway?
Just get you mate to masure them or something to have a look at the ones you have and compare them.