ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new car - 1500 miles in a weekend :o)

Fiesta STripes
Well, the weekend before last, I added another car to my career. So far, it has been 106>Punto>VTS>Zetec S (Mk5)> Clio 197>Clio 182>ST 150. Out of all of them, my favourite by MILES was the 182, it really was amazing. However, I made the mistake of test driving a Clio 200T and one of these. The 200T really wasn't for me, the gearbox doth butter no parsnips! I prefer the manual ones. So here she is - called "Scratch" due to an incident that happened whilst I was on this trip. Luckily, it is not visible unless you are an ant on the underside of the car lol!

52_zpsdzbresnd.jpg

50_zpsih0tdpth.jpg

46_zpsrn1nsbjf.jpg

44_zpsvdo81yky.jpg

45_zps9ltevqzp.jpg

47_zpslhukunps.jpg

48_zpsop25bh1y.jpg

32_zps6yi8ua7b.jpg

25_zpsucv3xjer.jpg

22_zpszqxgxzd1.jpg

20_zps48w69oc1.jpg

19_zps9ruv4cy5.jpg

6d_zpsa0co70vw.jpg

6c_zpsrpa8yhqu.jpg

6e_zpsrmyjc65d.jpg

6b_zpsyxp78kvg.jpg

The Highlands of Scotland really are an amazing place to go. Would highly recommend it, especially Applecross, Glen Nevis, the A887/A87 Invermoriston - Kyle road, and the A830 Fort William to Mallaig road!
Never loved a car like I do this one. The 182 is dead close to it though, I miss that car still, but this has really opened my eyes!
Mike

Fiesta STripes
Thank you! The handling is truly amazing, that car performs better in every area than I could have imagined, and coming from having owned three cliosports, that is quite something to say!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looks nice mate! What's the handling on these like?

Those hills look awesome!
Fairly planted on a flat road, on a normal bumpy road it sometimes feels like it wants to spit you off. The chassis is very playful, which is the biggest appeal of these, the back end can be very mobile but controllable.

Great pics btw!!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Fairly planted on a flat road, on a normal bumpy road it sometimes feels like it wants to spit you off. The chassis is very playful, which is the biggest appeal of these, the back end can be very mobile but controllable.

Great pics btw!!
Always have been tempted to get one but I'm one of the odd bods that don't like 'generic' - cars you see too many of.

Having said that, I've never driven one so would probably fall in love with it!

Fiesta STripes
Really nice cars these. We should rename this site to the fiesta st owners club. Lol

LOL, when I was an admin on clio197.net, I created a Fiesta ST section as a tongue in cheek joke, and there was OUTRAGE! LOL, luckily, people eventually got my joke, and I removed it. They are proper good cars, really really good!

Always have been tempted to get one but I'm one of the odd bods that don't like 'generic' - cars you see too many of.

Having said that, I've never driven one so would probably fall in love with it!

Agreed, there are too many, you don't see any clio 200T round here ever. I made my choice and stand by it.

If you want a REALLY rare car, I have heard that the Vauxhall Corsa Limited Edition in White has only ever sold one? You NEVER see them ANYWHERE EVER :wink:

Golf Mk5 GTi
Loving the photos!

Pick mine up on Saturday after nearly a two month wait - it cant come soon enough!

Golf Mk5 GTi
You'll have the new LED rear lights then! Missed out on them by a day, had mine been made the day after lol...
Think I missed out by a day or two too! My dealer got the car a week ago but then needed to fit the Mountune kit and I've been unable to collect til this saturday :( Build date of mine was the 28th I think and understand that cars build 30th or after have them. Not sure I'm that fussed if I have them or not, I cant make up my mind if I like them or not from the photos!

Fiesta STripes
I dislike them somewhat! Scratch was made on the 26th so dam close to yours, I thought it was the 28th they started putting them on there, oh well, no loss!

Friday night will be the longest night of your life. Even longer than Christmas Eve when you were under 13 years of age lol

Golf Mk5 GTi
I dislike them somewhat! Scratch was made on the 26th so dam close to yours, I thought it was the 28th they started putting them on there, oh well, no loss!

Friday night will be the longest night of your life. Even longer than Christmas Eve when you were under 13 years of age lol

Have heard of cars made earlier with them on and some not - seems to be luck (or not) of the draw! General consensus seems to be the end of the month - guess i'll know for sure on Saturday!

It's been one hell of a long week, let alone what friday night will be like lol

Fiesta STripes
It's a nightmare, The last week seemed to go backwards it went so slowly. Not helped by the fact that my job as a UPS man involves delivering to the dealership nearly daily. Now that WAS torture! Still, all good things come to those who wait :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic shots and a great car. Is it running on springs? Looks fairly low.

Also what is the tail-lamp update? Any other changes and any pics of the new lights?

Fiesta STripes
Fantastic shots and a great car. Is it running on springs? Looks fairly low.

Also what is the tail-lamp update? Any other changes and any pics of the new lights?

Thanks :) No she's not lowered, two well built guys in the car made it so low heheh!

Tail lamp update...well, the day after mine was made, they started fitting them with LED tail lights. They aren't all that to be honest, seen one for real, I'm not fussed mine didn't have them tbh!