ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brands Hatch Evening Session 9/6/14

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
2 hrs for £119.

Utter crap.

All day at Bedford was just a little more.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah that is a bit s**t. Theres sod all on the brands section. Ill have a look at bedford & snet

Brands full day was £250 which is a lot

Civic FN2 Track Car
Could be worth looking in to organising a clio sport how fast event at Bedford, I know the clio197.net did one last year and was supposed to really good.

Civic FN2 Track Car
How far away is snetterton from London?

Im in Brentwood and it takes about an hour and a half to get to snetterton, if you don't want to do the drive in 1 day the track day and then drive home. 1 mile down the road from snetterton is a nice hotel called Breckland lodge. Very reasonable room prices.

Daniel

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Oh okay, it's just the thought of driving there, doing a full track day and then driving back. I'm liking the idea of staying in a hotel tho! I fancy doing snetterton so might have to think about this and look up prices.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Guys just be warned it can be an expensive day. You need to factor in fuel (2 tanks), crash helmet, track day insurance (although this is optional you'd need to weigh up the risk if writing your car off) and possibly a hotel room.

In all with insurance you won't have much change out of £500 and that's not including tyres.

Civic FN2 Track Car
For a track day I always budget around £400-500 (track day, fuel, food, insurance, consumable/wear brakes tyres etc)

Track days aren't the cheapest of hobbies but they are great fun.

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Fair point about the £500 budget, might be better to do the half day one as two hours at brands will be good fun as its a small track, and it's close to people.

RenaultSport 172
I did Snetterton last year and it was fantastic. It's a great track. We stayed at a premier inn for about £40.
I will keep my eye on this as I'm well up for it

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I did Snetterton last year and it was fantastic. It's a great track. We stayed at a premier inn for about £40.
I will keep my eye on this as I'm well up for it
im with fantom on this one i think snetterton is a better track, perhaps we could have a cliosport sponsored day for club members! Brian can bring the little tent to keep us all superdry :S

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
im with fantom on this one i think snetterton is a better track, perhaps we could have a cliosport sponsored day for club members! Brian can bring the little tent to keep us all superdry :S

Agreed pops I think snet will be a good option

Civic FN2 Track Car

Agreed Snett is much better value for money as well.

I would definitely be up for a clio sport day, or even if we can get 5-10 people we get a discount

Renault Clio 172 cup
I'd be interested in another Cliosport trackday meet up (did the Bedford day last week and was good having a load of clio's to play with ). Am doing Snetterton ( 4th time there ) in a couple of weeks and can confirm its a much more enjoyable track than Brands.
For some reason Brands just attracts S.E London boy racers or city boys in their expensive toy's , especially the evening sessions.
I would not recommend either the How fast sessions at Bedford, did one ( under duress ) a year or so back, £99 and you're lucky if you get 40 mins on track.

RenaultSport 172
Best value I'd say
Mon 02 Jun 2014BedfordGran Turismo circuitOpen Pitlane101149.00

Depends if we want to just do an evening one........
They are pretty cheap but might be a long drive for some people just for an evening

I'd say avoid anything that isn't open pit lane

RenaultSport 172
It seems a good price for a full day in June :)
Really enjoyed Bedford last time, although that was the SW circuit.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'm semi-put off doing full days, just in case I brake my car somehow, as I know nothing about mechanics. I feel much safer doing a few hours on an evening session :eek:

Also - May be a silly question, but my AD08's have about 1 - 2 mm of road legal tread left on them. I'm planning on buying 4 new tyres in the next month or two anyway. Would it matter if I was on track with no road legal tread?

Ryan

I'm semi-put off doing full days, just in case I brake my car somehow, as I know nothing about mechanics. I feel much safer doing a few hours on an evening session :eek:

Also - May be a silly question, but my AD08's have about 1 - 2 mm of road legal tread left on them. I'm planning on buying 4 new tyres in the next month or two anyway. Would it matter if I was on track with no road legal tread?

Ryan

Nope.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Ryan

I'm up for the Bedford day, as I missed the other one. It is good value aswell.

Ryan - there will be enough people there who can assist mechanically (I can do a bit) and I'd recommend getting AA
cover that returns you home. Don't mention track days and worst comes to the worst - we'll push it onto the road outside and ring them up :) Just happened to break down outside the gates of Bedford autodrome ;)

Tyres - you can them past the tread indicator / road legal limit happily, just keep an eye on them during the day to make sure they aren't getting dangerous. You'll obviously need a second set if wheels for the drive home. :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Best value I'd say
Mon 02 Jun 2014BedfordGran Turismo circuitOpen Pitlane101149.00

Depends if we want to just do an evening one........
They are pretty cheap but might be a long drive for some people just for an evening

I'd say avoid anything that isn't open pit lane

this looks like a very good option Steve

RenaultSport 172

Ryan

Doing a full day doesn't necessarily mean you have to do loads more laps. You'll find you have plenty of time, so you could get passenger laps in other cars, and take a more relaxed approach to driving yours. Let it cool down properly etc. Sometimes an evening one means you end up rushing around a bit to get things sorted.

RenaultSport 172
Snetterton evening Wednesday sessions for £69 through msv, cheap IMO.

I agree. But the fuel costs and driving time to and from the circuit remain the same. Its nearly 2 hours each way for me which isn't the end of the world but still a long way just for an evening

I agree. But the fuel costs and driving time to and from the circuit remain the same. Its nearly 2 hours each way for me which isn't the end of the world but still a long way just for an evening

True! It's not far from me admittedly.

theres a full day at bedford on 14/4 for £119 too which is again good value! Is a Monday though

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Most track days look like most of them are in the weekdays
wherever we end up it will be a fantastic day. I will look to book one by end of April

its looking like Bedford or snetterton