ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brands Hatch in a Polo

Clio Cup
He wants setting on Fire - douse him in petrol an let him burn

How he got on there is still worrying , anyone thats been a track day knows how near impossible it is to get on track

to return to the paddock at brands from the pitlane you need to pass the marshals and go right along the upper exit road.
one assumes thats what the pit exit marshal thought and then they went straight up the pit exit to the track.
getting into the pit lane at a brscc 4 hour fun cup race isnt hard , or any other club meeting being honest , i gaurantee it now will be .

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
F*CKING C*NT.

It wasn't even his f**king car. I hope, seriously hope, that he got nicked for that escapade.

Looks like he just straight up drove past the marshals before they could stop him.

just to clear up speculation this is from someone my wife knows who was running 2 cars , the incident happened 3hr.30 into a 4hr race

Quote: Just to stop all the "is it fake " comments, we where running two cars in this race and can confirm this happened. It was an idiotic act by an attention seeking [Censored] . The chaos this caused was a nightmare. We had run 3 1/2 hours of a four hour race when this happened. It was so unexpected that you kind of understand why it took the marshals (and all of us!) by surprise. You could see by the shock of the organisers that this was a totally new situation .

Questions were and will need to be answered on how this could have happened. To be fair to the MSA and Brands Hatch. The red flag and the event was brought to a halt within a matter of seconds of the car getting on to the circuit. The "t***s" involved were held for over an hour after the event and the car seized for a period of time. What the result of this was, I don't know but and MSA official on the day told me that the driver of the car was known to the local police. I can only presume from this, that this incident has been taken further

clio 182 trophy
What is even sadder is that the UK is full of Muppet's like these. People pulling dangerous stunts to make a name for themselves and facebook points. Why?

Clio Cup
I wonder what law they'd be done under? I'm not sure if we have a reckless endangerment law over here?

Im not fully versed so this is a pure guess

but couldnt it be "driving without due care and attention" or "dangerous driving" not with regards the location - but the fact the polo is a road car - surely its the same kind of law that applies to some numpty pulling handbrake turns in a tesco car park ??

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Im not fully versed so this is a pure guess

but couldnt it be "driving without due care and attention" or "dangerous driving" not with regards the location - but the fact the polo is a road car - surely its the same kind of law that applies to some numpty pulling handbrake turns in a tesco car park ??

I wouldn't have thought that the Road Traffic Act would apply on a racetrack otherwise everyone would get points left right and centre. Tesco's car park is different as it's directly accessible from the road and meant for the public to drive on.
Sunglasses_Ron

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Utter flannel c**ts.

1.2, chavs and those proper spastic nike trainers says it all. Bet there was at least one Mckenzie man bag in that car.

E36 328i
Not a public road and no implied access so RTA does not apply. Quite honestly I don't know what he could be nicked for, a ropey twoc perhaps as he quite clearly didn't have her permission to drive it when she was begging him to stop.

What a jebend. I live really close to Brands and go quite regularly, always mongs there unfortunately.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I wouldn't have thought that the Road Traffic Act would apply on a racetrack otherwise everyone would get points left right and centre. Tesco's car park is different as it's directly accessible from the road and meant for the public to drive on.
Sunglasses_Ron

Road traffic act doesn't apply as it's not deemed to be a public road or place. Tesco car park is different as although it's private property it's still deemed to be a public place as it has implied access to the public.

The only offence I can think of would be trespassing which is a civil offence ie not arrestable.

There might be some health and safety law that was broken but I know f**k all about that legislation.

Until I'm proven wrong I'm very, very sceptical. One in-car vid, one suspect external Youtube vid. He was held, but now police are looking for him? Doesn't make any sense.

No comment from anyone that matters in the sport, despite this being a huge thing if true. No comments on the UKs biggest marshalling forum, nothing from any of the photographers there that I can see yet.

Swift Sport
What a strange scenario, if it isn't staged or fake that is...

To be fair I've seen the opportunity to enter the circuit at racetracks before, as they're not guarded half as much as you'd expect.

I'm sure that might change now.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
"Don't crash my car, don't crash my car"

f**king hell.. theres no way id let some t**t do that in my own car

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My twitter rants & conversations with old racing pals regarding this has landed me in the daily fail this morning shamefully.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
ja6erype.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It was on the original DM post, seems they have removed it now, likely because they didn't ask me if it was ok to plaster my name on the web.

screen shot

Dailyfail.jpg

FLOL at some people saying its fake or a setup. Yeah because pikey rude boys are always the best actors...
Its clearly setup. I think it was filmed over two days. I am sure the people are all actors and the facebook pages are fake. Also the line that white polo takes suggests a professional driver. Looks a bit like the stig to me. Maybe top gear team involved?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Its clearly setup. I think it was filmed over two days. I am sure the people are all actors and the facebook pages are fake. Also the line that white polo takes suggests a professional driver. Looks a bit like the stig to me. Maybe top gear team involved?

I can tell you it was not fake my man. I know people who were competing in the race at the time.