ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brands hatch nightmare

haitch said:
^hopefully(mods) i have it right, but il find out monday. the car was originally bought on money from another accident payout (not car related), 'so i could win some lose some'
Being as your insurance isn't paying up since its not your fault it won't matter if you have a turbo kit a body kit 22 inch rims and a custom paint job with none of it declaired.

See if you cna buy it back cheap people on here will have the bits offo you strip engine bext wiring looms dash brakes suspension etc for £1k for peopel who want to do a transplant.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
polarbert said:
Thats rubbish, there would be no way to tell a car had been in an accident. If it had been repaired good as new why should it sell for less?

yeah, but if the next owner finds out, your screwed! im sure its the kind of thing you have to tell people about by law.

just hope its gets written off and you can buy the engine back! :)

Nasty looks like its taken the boot floor and possibly shunted one/both of the chassis legs. Would need to be jigged. I've seen cars with less damage than that written off at work.

J

jamesy

sorry to see that matey i feel your pain well almost my accident was'nt quite that bad but still another misjustice on the road:mad:

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
the_wanderer said:
yeah, but if the next owner finds out, your screwed! im sure its the kind of thing you have to tell people about by law.

just hope its gets written off and you can buy the engine back! :)

You don't have to tell anyone by law that a car has been in an accident.

Cupra
Rear enders in Gloucestershire normally end up with a drivers improvement course. In my experience anyway. :eek:

106 GTi
Not good chap :(

Fairly local to me as well, which way where you heading, from Swindon down to the roundabout?

It is such a Blackspot there they want to knock down the pub and replace the roundabout and pub with some kind of tunnel I am told.

Gutted for you mate.

Its always a worry when you put so much time, effort and money into a car that it will get written off, especially when its down to someone elses careless driving.

What Edde said ^ try and buy it back and sell the parts.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
thanks folks, was heading down the hill toward the roundabout (pub on left). the area has no mobile phone reception, i had to keep turning it off then stand on a pub table, turn it back on to get some, it was raining too! the landlines where out in the area due to an electrical storm, total nightmare. should know later today if il be getting any £ or not, then il see (buy back etc). :rolleyes:

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
ins' company keeping me on the edge of my seat, its going to be tomorrow for news now, gutted to miss brands today.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Gutted.

Why was the seat driver leaning over or something when approaching a that roundabout? You would have thought he'll pay more attention especially with the amount of accidents there. I seem to see one every time I go past there to Oxford.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
right..car has been written off. im now awaiting the evaluation & engineers report, which i hope to get by the end of the week. looks like i will have the option to buy it back (at what cost i dont know yet), IF i decide to, as it has been in a shunt i probably wouldnt try to repair it (unseen damage/handling issues if i track it), what to do with it? obviously the engine is in perfect order, as are all the other bits except for the rear (it is undrivable as the back has been forced onto the rear tyres). i dont really have anywhere to store it, & nowhere to pull it apart for the bits (awt head & cams + all the standard bits). sensible suggestions please?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
good news is the other ins' company have no admitted full liability so i wont lose my 8yrs no claims (was going to protect them just didnt get round to it!)

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
as it may help ppls advice, the car was running 196bhp/181lbft, AWT billet cams & headwork, larger injectors, inlets, smt6, oil cooler system.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
maybe sell the car to matt_black or other breakers for the price it costs you to buy back?

providing they swap your engine over for you ofcourse ;)