ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brands Hatch Race

Turbos.
Have been at the Brands the last couple of days, again in my dad's Motorsport Elise. The car now has some Ohlins and the clams are now quick release...

P1040835.gif

P1040886.gif

Friday started well, we were quick in the test sessions but unfortunately the clutch went at lunch, i'm getting a reputation as a car wrecker! We had to bomb it down to Chatham to get new bits from Minister engines. The boys eventually fixed her up by 9pm...

P1040849.gif

P1040878.gif

P1040883.gif

P1040843.gif

This morning the weather was a bit worse, with rain due. This time my dad and I were doing two different races, opposed to us sharing a drive. He had to use road legal tyres whilst i was allowed full wets which provided a suprising amount of grip, i lapped quicker than in the dry on A048 Yokos...

P1040829.gif

P1040838.gif

P1040832.gif

Anyway, we qualified 7th and 4th in our races respectively. My dad got shoved off by a Ferrari 355 in his race, going down to to 9th. He did well to battle back and finish 6th though. My race was the Super GT race which allows some mad cars, one being a 700bhp/800kg Aston! The front pair tore off leaving me and a tricked out Golf to battle. He managed to get away whilst we were lapping backmarkers, but then he rolled the car at paddock hill! It was an instant red flag, so he managed to retain his 3rd place as it counts the positions from the previous lap... dammit!

I'm racking up some wet weather experience but would be nice to do a few sunny races! We were with a couple of mates in their Exiges too, some further pics:

P1040870.jpg

P1040858.jpg

P1040874.jpg

P1040862.jpg

P1040864.jpg

P1040881.jpg

Turbos.
No problem Danno, i wouldn't of bothered either considering the weather!

Not sure when i'm next racing Mark, i'm away in June so my dad is racing alone. Probably out again in July at Silverstone or Donington.