ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brands Hatch Track Day - Photos & Videos 20/02/2013

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
So i went to brands hatch yesterday and had an amazing time. Absolutely love the track and it was even better than my first time there. In the morning the track was VERY slippery, i don't think i've seen so many off's in one morning, thankfully nothing written off though.

Which leads me to this...one of those incidents may have been me :p

cliobh5.jpg

The car is fine (although the exhaust did fall off at the end of the day but its fixed now) and the only thing that hurts is my pride :p I came into surtees a tad to hot for the conditions (about 90mph) had to lift off and got into a huge slide. I managed to catch the slide but the car violently snapped back and spat me off over the grass from surtees to clark curve. My mate who was following behind at the time has the whole thing on video but its only on my FB for now, hes uploading it to youtube later!

I wasn't expecting the cage to make any difference because its only bolt in, but the car was extremely lively at brands yesterday (a lot more than usual) which it has never done before. I can only presume it was because the rear has been stiffened up a tad. It was literally oversteering on every corner when it was wet, i think in future i might need to change the rear ARB settings to soft in the wet. The car felt fantastic in the dry though, so chuckable now its funny, and i don't think i got overtaken all day!

The video below is 1080p and good quality so its best viewed full screen :)

[youtube]ys5Cav4qRu0[/youtube]

cliobh7.jpg

cliobh8.jpg

cliobh1.jpg

cliobh2.jpg

cliobh3.jpg

cliobh4.jpg

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Cheers guys!

The spin...by the looks of it, i miss a bird by a few inches, you can see it fly off as i slide past!

[youtube]iMsGQqPcfAg[/youtube]

Lotus Elise
Looks good, that map would do my nut in! I love Brands and I'm gutted I never took my Trophy around there.

Try to use all of the track on entry and exit and stop moving your hands.

Luke001

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd RB 182 Cup
The marshals had no problems, they had a good look round it whilst i was queuing to go out. It is just attached by a GoPro adhesive base, which has 3M foam backed double sided tape, directly to the roof. It is super strong, 100+ mph and it doesn't move at all. The tether is a large cable tie base, backed with the same 3M tape and wirelocked to the mount.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The marshals had no problems, they had a good look round it whilst i was queuing to go out. It is just attached by a GoPro adhesive base, which has 3M foam backed double sided tape, directly to the roof. It is super strong, 100+ mph and it doesn't move at all. The tether is a large cable tie base, backed with the same 3M tape and wirelocked to the mount.

Cheers. Didnt look at the photo close enough. Gonna leave marks on the roof though?

Car looks fantastic. Seems to be a good little track weapon too.

What's the engine and suspension spec?

I don't know what that popping noise is but if it's the exhaust that would drive me insane!

Audi A5
I've spun it on that corner aswell lol.

As if fuel doesn't drain away enough on track, your loosing it on over run aswell! ;)

What coilovers you using?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Cheers guys, the pops annoy me as well sometimes, im not sure about the map but ktec said it does it because of the aggressive timing with the cams. The gopro makes it sound very obvious, but with a helmet on and in the moment you barely notice it on track, and it barely does it every day driving because you are not in the high rev range. The engine is standard apart from 438 cams, and suspension wise im running ktec coilovers, whiteline rear ARB & PM solid top mounts + brace. Also the car is stripped with one seat and im on federal 595rsr tyres.