ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Break in loom wire

RS Clio 172 mk2
Hey,
Think i've found the problem thats been annoying me for about a year but needed some advice about how to fix it. I think the air flow sensor on the inlet (not the map one) has a break in the wire at the loom end. If i move the wire about the car will drive s**t from the sensor not getting any readings from the break but if i move it again it'll spring back to life and drive fine. Anyone ever heard of this wire getting a break in it as its only 2 wires coming off the loom. Dont really fancy buying a new loom for just 2 wires really :S

Cheers :)

RS Clio 172 mk2
i think its broken inside the insulation so theres no way of me knowing where its broken unless i just cut it and guess and i dont want to cut it in the wrong place. Its tricky to know where to cut it

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Trace the wires through the loom and give them a good pull. Where it's broken in the insulation the wire will break and you'll know where the break is.