ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breather

BMW 320d Sport

The breather lets the oil fumes out of the block. Normally the breather pipes are connected into the back of the air filter so that the fumes are pulled out of the block and burnt off in the cylinders. If you put a small filter on it, the fumes are not being drawn out of the block but it stops the small chance of crap getting pulled back into the block. Although most of the time, the flow should be outwards not back in..

hi Nick,

So is it good to put it?

I am driving a 1.4L Clio, the breather is behind the throttle body, how can I connect it?

BMW 320d Sport

Well to be honest the best way is to leave it alone AFAIK. You should only really use a breather filter on the end of your breather pipe if you actually need to...with my BMC carbon airbox theres no way of plumbing in the breather pipe into the back of the filter so Ive had to plug it with a breather filter. Same goes for the picture of Ben Rs one above, the Viper has no plumbing for the original breather pipe so it has to be filtered.

I dont think it gives you any advantage in performance, if anything it might make it worse? I dont know for sure on this though.