ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo Disk Help (Scored disc pics).

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
So after my MOT on Friday, i got an advisory for my front pads. Plan was to get them done in the next week or so but this has now been pushed forward to ASAP after i felt a grind under braking. This is what my driver's side disc looks like.
image.jpeg

Needless to say, it's time for new discs and pads up front and this is where my question comes in. Despite being a 1.2, the clio is on coilovers and decent tyres so it's a hoon for my weekly commute over snake pass and i have experienced brake fade a few times. It currently has Pagid discs and pads but i wan't to try Brembo out now ecp stock them.

They offer standard Brembo discs (£60 all in) and High Carbon grooved discs (£115 all in) (25% off non performance parts)

I'd like to go for the grooved discs, but aesthetics alone don't justify the £55 difference for me.
I will be using standard Brembo pads.

Will there be a notable difference in performance between the two discs?

I know there's probably better pads out there but i need to get these picked up and on the car this weekend so won't have time for postage.

unless the cheaper EBC pads would be better?

Thanks
Dom.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
So after my MOT on Friday, i got an advisory for my front pads. Plan was to get them done in the next week or so but this has now been pushed forward to ASAP after i felt a grind under braking. This is what my driver's side disc looks like.
View attachment 160858

Needless to say, it's time for new discs and pads up front and this is where my question comes in. Despite being a 1.2, the clio is on coilovers and decent tyres so it's a hoon for my weekly commute over snake pass and i have experienced brake fade a few times. It currently has Pagid discs and pads but i wan't to try Brembo out now ecp stock them.

They offer standard Brembo discs (£60 all in) and High Carbon grooved discs (£115 all in) (25% off non performance parts)

I'd like to go for the grooved discs, but aesthetics alone don't justify the £55 difference for me.
I will be using standard Brembo pads.

Will there be a notable difference in performance between the two discs?

I know there's probably better pads out there but i need to get these picked up and on the car this weekend so won't have time for postage.

unless the cheaper EBC pads would be better?

Thanks
Dom.
Hi
Buy brembo HC disks from george on here .. it wil be cheaper than above. thats what everyone uses on track too :)

OE brembo discs and pads are no different to Pagid IMO, in fact I'd say the OE Pagid are better, if it where me I'd keep the discs unless they have a good lip on them and throw some Ferodo premier pads in there. Probably cost you £20. I scored my HC discs recently and where much, much worse that yours and they had cleaned up within a 100 miles of aggressive braking with no real inefficiency in braking whilst flattening them out.

See attached.

Attachments

• 20160511_182445.jpg
    20160511_182445.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 46