ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo HC disks

Cup In bits
Am I right in thinking Brembo HC disks come sprayed black on the centres and edges or am I just making that up?

I have a set of new disks here and they just seem of a poorer quality to others I have had.

Cheers

225 Cup & Williams
Am I right in thinking Brembo HC disks come sprayed black on the centres and edges or am I just making that up?

I have a set of new disks here and they just seem of a poorer quality to others I have had.

Cheers

Nah they don't come painted.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You can get them "painted" from the factory, these are sprayed with an anti rust treatment over entire disc. These are a different part number and they are very rarely in stock/have been in stock. I've only ever had a handful of them

They do: Brembo HC; Brembo HC painted; and Brembo Max- grooved and painted. For the front of the Clio 172/182

Cup In bits
Ahwell I'll know in the future, i'll just have to clean them up and paint them myself as I have OCD with things like that lol.

So do Brembo do a normal non HC disk George?

Cup In bits
brembo hc are just normal discs there's nothing special about them

I know this but you don't see other manufactures advertising discs as HC (high carbon) and you also see Brembo selling 'standard' discs?

It was a question for George as he deals with the factory's and outlets of Brembo.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Ahwell I'll know in the future, i'll just have to clean them up and paint them myself as I have OCD with things like that lol.

So do Brembo do a normal non HC disk George?

Give them a quick lick of paint Morgan to keep them looking fresh mate ;)

For the Clio 172/182 you mean or in general?

They do "normal/standard" discs, but its the "sporty" models that tend to have the HC content

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Mine really rusted up to start with but since they now have a couple of thousand miles on them they are looking good and wearing nice and evenly with the Brembo pads fitted at Diamond Motors.

When I am up and about and able to walk again I will whip the wheels off and give then centres and edges a coat of silver primer, galv-a-froid or similar.

Clio 172 (CUP)
What would you recommend painting a fresh set with as I've gonna have to order some from you? Assuming the pad disk surface would have to masked off, would etching primer and then a VHT spray top coat be suitable?

George what do to the brembo HC painted look like i.e what paint and what surfaces? Any pics?

Cheers

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Mine really rusted up to start with but since they now have a couple of thousand miles on them they are looking good and wearing nice and evenly with the Brembo pads fitted at Diamond Motors.

When I am up and about and able to walk again I will whip the wheels off and give then centres and edges a coat of silver primer, galv-a-froid or similar.

Glad you're happy with them. Mick really likes the Brembo discs and Brembo oem pads, as I do

What would you recommend painting a fresh set with as I've gonna have to order some from you? Assuming the pad disk surface would have to masked off, would etching primer and then a VHT spray top coat be suitable?

George what do to the brembo HC painted look like i.e what paint and what surfaces? Any pics?

Cheers

Clean them with brake cleaner and then like you say can mask off with paper/cardboard "discs", and give them a light coating of high temp spray paint. The pads will clean up any overspray during braking

The painted discs from the Brembo factory are a dark greyish colour. Ill add a picture later mate

I never knew that, ones I have always ordered have came painted from various ebay sellers. Guess I have been lucky?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381059372.065116.jpg

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
They are the Brembo Max discs mate, which come painted (and obviously grooved)

That's the same colour the Brembo painted discs come without the grooves aswel

Clio 172 (CUP)
Thanks, for the description and pic guys.

George, I'll be in touch once I've decided what pads to go with ;-)