ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brembo max + redstuff pads

182, ZX9R
I fitted these on the front a few months back, done around 2000 miles using them but they already feel a bit dodgy through the pedal, they stop the car well but feel like theyre almost warped, either that or the pads are f*cked. I checked the rear discs and pads when I swapped the fronts and they were fine, pretty much brand new.
I've heard brembo max discs can be a little hard on pads. Have I just made the mistake of buying the wrong pads for the discs and would I be better off trying mintex or ferodo along with some braided lines & new fluid - something that hopefully isn't likely to fade during 'fast' road use?
Or is it just me worrying about nothing?! :S
Cheers, Hutchy.

182, ZX9R
lol found that out the hard way unfortunately, so would it be worth keepin the discs & goin for the ds2500's with lines & new fluid and just leave the rear discs and pads as they are?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Leave the rears as they don't do alot, if you are getting feedback when braking as you mentioned warped, you might have to get new disks otherwise they will be fine with the disks you have, unless of course there ruined by the ebc,s

182, ZX9R
Ill have a good look at what sort of state theyre in and hope its just the pads that need swappin. Would it be worth usin braided lines for just a road set-up?

Lotus Elise
Are they installed properly?

Ive ran Red stuff and they were great nice firm peddle and never really faded on track, that was on a Lexus IS200 which is a really heavy car. How old is your brake fluid?

All the EBC haters are just following the gobby few.

182, ZX9R
Erm, as for the installation I think its been done properly, my mate put them on & hes worked as a vw mechanic for 4 or 5 years. The brake fluid could be years old tbh, I've only had the car since october so it would be worth changing soon i guess. The car does stop very well but like I say its just an odd feeling through the pedal and a slight whirring sound thats getting me worried.

Lotus Elise
My Redstuff's whirred a bit but that was due to the grooved discs. Id get the fluid changed and go from there.

Are they installed properly?

Ive ran Red stuff and they were great nice firm peddle and never really faded on track, that was on a Lexus IS200 which is a really heavy car. How old is your brake fluid?

All the EBC haters are just following the gobby few.

Lol! I'm not a follower. They are s**t, and them breaking up on me is proof.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Ebc rock! Get the disks to ;) then wish you hadn't when you go to brake after giving it some beans and find you have little or no stopping power.

172 Cup
We had redstuff pads on the Porsche and there's no issue with them at all. Mind you saying that I'm putting Pagid blues on my car.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
The irony is, after everyone tells you that EBC stuff is crap and you'll have no stopping power, Redstuff and DS2500s both have the same nominal coefficient of 0.5.

182, ZX9R
Seems like opinions on ebc differ massively. I think what i might do is just check mine at the weekend, hope they last me a while longer as I'm goin to italy & nurburgring in the car towards the end of may, then maybe invest a little more time & money in looking for better discs & pads when I get back.

FF Clio Sport 182
A few of my friends run Redstuff pads and absolutely love them! DS2500 (had them on my Rallye with twin pot calipers and lotus elise discs) are amazing, but to get any use out of them you've got to be a really agressive road/ average track user.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
EBC Redstuff were the last pads I fitted to my 172 Cup before I sold it (having run DS2500, Pagid Blue, PF97, and Carbone Lorraine in the past). I apologised to the buyer that he'd need to get them changed ASAP as on track, they were monumentally useless.

Felt really compressible, made a terrible noise, and one hot lap of Goodwood was the best I could get out of them.

Horrid pad.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've not "knowingly" driven with red stuff. Green stuff is terrible & I can't say I've heard much good about the rest of the range (cars).

Apparently they're good for bike pads tho.

I have driven on Green stuff tho (different compound) they were useless.

FF Clio Sport 182
Holy s**t. I feel like a **** from my last post..... My friend has RedStuff in his FabiaVRS and that stops pretty well.
I put RedStuff on the fronts Saturday morning and spent all day yesterday and this afternoon bedding them in, wasn't going mad at all, seemed okay when cold. Went up to Canvey tonight at about half 10(local industrial spot with few roundabouts and dual carriage way) done 3 laps taking it easy to warm them up an get them up to temperature, came up pretty quick go roundabout but braked early as there was a artic lorry going round the roundabout and had NOTHING! No stopping at all, the pads jus went up in a cloud of smoke! Almost went into the lorry! Got it on the GoPro so will put up! Useless pads! Will definitely be having a moan about them to the supplier and opt for some DS2500!!!

182cup & 172 racecar
LOL at EBC haters, I race on them and have them in my road car, no problem at all.

ds2500 fall apart as well.

FF Clio Sport 182
I'm not a EBC hater as few of my friends run them, but after the experience I had last night I definitely don't have any confidence in them!