ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bricking It...

Hey,

Was just out and about picking some stuff up and on my way back I wasnt really thinking about my speed and I got flashed doing 37/38 in 30mph zone. Im hoping to God it wasnt me or that there was no film etc..one thing is I got flashed head on and Ive heard from a number of people that if its head on then they cant do anything about it. Is there any truth in this?

Also if I do get bent over whats the procedure, considering I have had my licence for less then half a year, is it double points in your first two years?

Anyone else been in this situation before? If so how did it pan out.

Cheers

Nissan Jewk

head on? so the camera and lens were facing towards you? if so, dont worry, camera is just flash happy

don't

ok m8, was a post bout 10 mins ago similar, same situation kinda, av a look bit further down

basically sounds like ull b alrite, camera was on otherside of road facing u??

unless it was a truvello camera then u should b ok, they take pics infront and behind u, but if it was a normal crappy yellow gatso should b fine

they have 2 use the lines in the road 2 determine ur speed from 2 photos and on ur side of the road there were prob no white markings on the road!!

points way, if u were guna get dun ud get 3 points and £60

if u get 6 points in first 2 years of driving then u av 2 re-take ur test i think

but 4 37 u would b fine anyway

so uve been lucky chap by sounds of it ;)

.Dave

WTF??????

Cameras can get you from head on and thats the norm as they can see whos driving and you cannot get out of it.

Its not double points mate, but if you get 6 points in 1st 2 yrs you will be banned and have to retake both tests again.

If it had a film you will get £60 fine and 3 points.

Just keep your fingers crossed

Yeh it was pointing at me? That mean it was someone else or just going off for the hell of it? Least now I might actually drive within the speed limit instead of just slowing down for cameras.

It was just one of those ones with the red and yellow lines on the back with one lense, take it thats a Gatso.

Thanks for clearing up the points thing Ive been wondering that for ages, my tester said it was double points in my first two years so I thought he meant if I got one offense that would be me doubled and needing to resit.

Thanks for the info. If its gonna come through the post after what sorta time will I know Im safe?

don't

Cameras round here, as far as i know,

they can go off whether ur going 2wards or away from them, but for normal gatsos they can only give u a fine if they r taken of the rear of ur car, as they need the lines on the road as evidence 2 prove u were speeding

time over distance over speed and all that stuff

so if it was a normal gatso u should av no problems, unless there were white lines on ur side of the road aswel, then u may av probs

but round ere ppl r always going fast headin 2wards cameras on otherside of the road, setting them off 4 a laugh half the time as they know they wont get done

FOR a 37 in a 30 should here in 2 weeks or under if ur guna b buggered, i think that if u do stupid speeds, like over 100 then u can b done up to 6 months lata as they can sumon u 2 court

.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 04 June 2004 at 2:32pm]

Gatsos work only from the rear and the lines on the other side of the road are for people overtaking. They will sometimes trigger when driving towards them as often the speed limits are different in each direction.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

was it defaintely a grey gatso? u can get those truvelios (sp) that look similar

Titanium 182

dont worry about it man

if you think about stuff like that happens to much it makes you feel worse!

Nippy white cup

The Truvelo cameras work of sensors in the road iirc so they dont flash, and if you were going towards the Gatso it wont get you. I think its something to do with the flash being dangerous if it blinds you...

Chris