ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bringing the shine back after a debadge!

Renault Clio GT (09)
Hi all.

So I recently removed the Clio lettering on my Gt, and used some tar and adhesive remover type product to help with the glue. However the problem is my car being white you can see the difference in the pristine paint and exposed paint a little bit when up close. Around the lettering and on the bumper beside the handle to the boot has a sort of light brown dusting stain.

Does anyone recommend a product etc I can use to help bring up the shine in the car again? I’ve tried jetwashing it multiple times but it isn’t budging!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It needs polishing in that area. Im assuming you dont have machine polisher so if doing it by hand then get some meguiars ultimate compound or scratch x from halfords and use that along with a microfiber to polish that section.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
I stand by G3 scratch remover, awesome awesome stuff, but even that couldn't remove the mark left my the Renaultsport lettering.
Don't bother trying by hand, it won't work. Get a machine polisher on it. (I just covered it up with the new style RS badge haha)