ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Britcar Rockingham Motor Speedway 02/05/09 (56k no way)

My first ever attempt at Motor Sports. Full Critique appreciated.

_5025118.jpg

_5025177.jpg

_5025217.jpg

_5025227.jpg

_5025231.jpg

_5025239.jpg

_5025277.jpg

_5025297.jpg

_5025326.jpg

_5025337.jpg

_5025342.jpg

_5025356.jpg

_5025363.jpg

_5025375.jpg

_5025388.jpg

_5025416.jpg

_5025421.jpg

_5025461.jpg

_5025487.jpg

_5025490.jpg

_5025521.jpg

_5025524.jpg

_5025542.jpg

_5025548.jpg

_5025570.jpg

_5025583.jpg

_5025598.jpg

_5025603.jpg

_5025625.jpg

_5025630.jpg

_5025696.jpg

Cheers

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
:< poor Matts car.

Was going to go to day but got a little whine on the car so didnt want to travel down.

photos are decent though :D

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Pics came out good Stu!

Had fun man!! Was good to see the Clio bombing round!!

I SO want an airbox poking through my bonnet!!! :D

RS 200
Nice pics Stu, mine aren't quite that good :eek:

Turned up just at the right time eh Fred, saved the day !!

Adrian Newey was there too, racing the Red Bull livery Lotus too, hope he's finished work on Red Bull F1's new diffuser to have time to go racing :rasp:

182cup & 172 racecar
Fred you are the only person I know who would keep an old Aux belt in the car that just happened to be the the right one:star:

Great photos chaps!!! Good to meet you all!

It tooks us three hours to fix this:

17.jpg

and we got it out into the race with literaly seconds to spare. Total damage was:

- Bumper
- Undertray
- Rad
- Head Light
- Front Wing
- Front Wing mount
- Bumper mount
- Wishbone
- Lower upright
- Lower ball joint
- Upper ball joint
- Damper
- Damper Tube
- Aux Belt
- Cam Belt (gravel injestion had shredded the belt)
- Rear diffuser
- Rear diffuser mounts

The team had to pull a massive effort to get it done - changing a cam belt on one is never easy - it's much harder when theres four other people on the car at the same time all fixing different things!

Fred saved the day by having a 70K mile old Diesel Megane Aux belt in his car. It wouldn't have been out without that!! Fred = Legend!

Cheers
M

Oh and P4 in class, 14th overall from 21 starters with a no setup at all on the car! Literaly no time to do it so chucked it on and sent it out.

Race 2 at 3PM tomorrow so it's all hands on deck tomorrow morning to get a setup on the car and optimise as much as we can to get a podium from this weekend.

Cheers
M

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Awesome Matt, never been 'in the pits' before... found it really interesting!!

M2 Competition
Worth Pm'ing Englebert on here in case he's interested in some high res pics, thats his blue and orange elise motorsport you've taken a few of.

Great pics mate :D

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Icararus... WHOOPS lol. Hope everything was ok though. And isn't that Englebert's Dad's Elise S1?!

Great pics anyways, would have loved to have come :)

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Worth Pm'ing Englebert on here in case he's interested in some high res pics, thats his blue and orange elise motorsport you've taken a few of.

Great pics mate :D

Thought it was. Dropped him a PM last night just incase.

SchwepTek™
Some great pics there.

That white Exige is awesome!

I'm surprised by the cars too, whens the next stage?

Looks like a great effort by Icarus.

Turbos.
Thanks for the pictures, glad to see the BPM boys roll out the car at the last second but they didn't finish (or start tbh) the second race sadly.

The Mustang is huge compared to the little Elise!

If you want any high res versions just drop me a PM and I can email them over to you.

Any idea why they didn't start?

Cupra
Great shots!

PMSL at how far back the driver is in this one though! Its like something from Wacky Races!

_5025277.jpg

Cupra
I think it might be the same one I saw at Zandvoort a couple of years back (albeit with a different paint job). Also sounds like a WWII fighter?

What a busy weekend!!!

We got the car out on Sunday setup properly and with a good chance of taking a first in class as the S2000 had retired and we suspected the Accord may well break down.

Unfortunately the lower pulley had other ideas. It had taken a lot of damage in Saturdays off and whilst it made it through the first 90 mins okay it failed very shortly into the second, which in turn took most of the load of the crank timing gear pulley and resulted in zero compression fairly shortly afterwards.

Real shame but thats racing! Getting the car out for either of the races this weekend after that smash was a serious achievement. The team worked very, very hard and scraping a finish on Saturday has maintained our points position reasonably well as the Accord DNF'd on Sunday.

Big, big thumbs up to our Class 2 mates Honda Synchro who got their first 1st in class on Sunday with a great drive. They've got the reliability issues sorted and are pushing hard for Spa now and of course our 24hr team mates GAMA Racing who placed 4th overall on Sunday with a stunning drive from Gary and a seriously tight fuel strat from the team ;-)

Cheers
M

Turbos.
Whenever i was passing that S2k it was smoking so no surprise it didn't make the second race!

The Honda team with the Accord were next to us. Supposedly it went up the back of a white E36 which had no brake lights. I noticed that car on Friday, makes me suspect it is deliberate considering its something the scrutineers check...

Shame you didn't make it past the warm up lap. Fortunately we covered enough laps to be classified, think we got 10th.

How's the reliability on the Exige these days? I noticed you boys seem to be out and lapping a lot more than previously?

This was our first ever race failure with an X85, a real shame but these things happen and it was realisticaly unavoidable.

Cheers
M

Turbos.
Engine is OK, although will be inspected as my dad over revved it on Saturday. The Quaife sequential broke in the week so we were running a 5spd dog box, but it was the alternator that went which caused our retirement, and we only replaced it on Saturday night!

We won't get too excited about Spa, we'll take it easy. At the weekend we were ragging ourselves and the car to keep up with the Clarke BMW, whereas they always seem to have something in the bag when they need it. We managed fastest lap with a 1.25.4 but are overall consistency is not there. I'm pretty sure we will win at Brands once the sequential is back and and the aero is fettled though.

Making any mods for the Spa race, besides loads of lights?

182cup & 172 racecar
Matt,have you had chance to have a little look at the engine yet is it terminal?I really enjoyed my weekend with the boys,nice bunch.

We're all rather hoping you come to the next one as well Tony. Another test day on the Friday so some more laps for you if you fancy it?

Engine doesn't appear to have dropped a valve so with a bit of luck its fixable. Might be time to R3 spec it! :)

Cheers
M