ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

British Super Bikes - Oulton Park

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went over yesterday to catch the final day of the Super bikes. First time I've ever shot bikes and I really did underestimate how bloody fast they were! Also, as it was so busy, it was pretty hard getting to any half decent spots.
All taken with a Canon 550d & the 55-250 ISII.

I put this one up in the pictures I like thread. Was one that stood out when I imported them to Lightoom last night.

1- 1/100th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes.jpg

2- 1/100th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-7.jpg

3- 1/125th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-12.jpg

4- 1/160th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-19.jpg

5- 1/30th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-37.jpg

6- 1/1600
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-10.jpg

7- 1/160th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-25.jpg

8- 1/800th
Oulton+Park+-+British+super+bikes-2.jpg

Full set can be found here

330Ci cab
nice pics, i was there this weekend too, took 800 and something pics (still trying to get used to it) and first time of a high speed object too

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. Bikes are an eye opener, they are ridiculously fast! Full frame and a nice prime lens would be ideal for me next visit.

Imported 450+ once home and I must have deleted 50ish on camera throughout the day.

Will be going to more events I think as it's only an hour down the road and fairly cheap entry for a good day out.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I like No.7, lovely contrast and good panning. That looks like druids to me? If so it’s great for panning there for some reason, I think because it’s a long(ish) corner it’s relatively easy to get some good pans through there.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I won't be going to the gold cup had already made plans. Will be good though, went two years ago when they were celebrating the 50 years of the E type jag I think.

Niall, I'm not sure on the name of the corners yet. It was the second (?) to last corner of the lap I think. Should really look at where I am shooting!

330Ci cab
got some decent panning shots from druids, and the exit too, still leaning right on one wheel, mental! also Deers Leap is pretty good, got a couple broadsiding

Really like these.
Glad to see the kit your using too, same as I have and I've wondered if it'd be up to the task of racecar/bike panning shots or not!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Great photos mate, especially the last one.....I was there at the weekend but unfortunately only had my absolutely rubbish iphone4 camera!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Niall - it was Druids then, walked through the woods to get to it. They had a fence open too so you could walk along side the track towards the tunnel /bridge (going past where they usually have the rally experience) . That's where the first picture was taken.

Ben - cheers mate. I'm happy with the shots I got with the camera/lens combo. Wish it was a tad faster at focusing though but I think I need to carry on with it for a while. Plus, I can't afford any upgrades at the moment.

Crazy- cheers. I enjoyed the weekend, will be going back for sure.

My uncle said for me to go to the TT next year. I might try to get in pillion for a couple of days with him and a few others.

If you get a chance to go the TT you should defo take it up. If you think its hard to photo the BSB wait untill you see those guys, mental.

I'd love to go the TT im hoping to go to the 2015 one as i here the 2014 is already sold out, accomadation etc all booked up.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If you get a chance to go the TT you should defo take it up. If you think its hard to photo the BSB wait untill you see those guys, mental.

I'd love to go the TT im hoping to go to the 2015 one as i here the 2014 is already sold out, accomadation etc all booked up.

Accommodation isn't a problem as my dad and two uncles stay with their school friend (well, camp in his garden) , its everything else though.

They booked the ferry tickets for next year before they went this year. Mental prices though! If one of them changes a bike so I can get on the back then I'll take them up as I think my uncle will change his again before 2015. My dad's bike only seats one, as does my other uncle's and they have only just got new ones.

As I said on Twitter - awesome work man. 2, 5, 7 and 8 for me.

Again, awesome work. Panning at those speeds isn't easy! Especially when you've got the bike AND the rider to focus on.