ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken air vent :(

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
Car  Straight 6
One of the air vents in the centre console no longer moves left-right. I was trying to attach a dash mount thing for my phone and I think there's a thing bit of plastic that joins all of the vents which has come away.

Just had a look with a torch and I don't see a way of gaining access to it.

Anyone had a similar problem/know how to solve it? This is going to annoy me :(
 
O really? They just pull out? I didn't want to break it any more!
 
Yeah, I used a pair of pliers with a bit of cloth and pulled them. Once one comes out the rest are easy. You will see a vertical part on one side that moves them all that will need clipping back in first. They pull out best from the opposite side iirc.
It was a pain the the ass to get them all back in and lined up...
 
Sorry to hijack, but some of my horizontal vents don't move up and down with the rest of them on one of mine,
if I pull them out and put them back in will it fix it, or break it more?
 
It was like that when I bought it and it's pissed me off for years, if I can fix it i'll be made up, i'll give it a go.

Glad I spotted this thread.:D
 
They crack very very easily, when I bought my car the vents were snapped in some slats which really really annoyed me. I replaced them with the ones from my other clio but upon removing them the securing clips snapped under the slight amount of stress they were under. The heat etc causes the plastic to become really brittle, managed to superglue them back on however but they still droop down going over bumps because the fit still isnt the same.

Just try be careful with them, all the scrappies ive been to have had no air vents in them so they must be broken on a load of clios.
 
Low and behold, the one that sits horizontally has broken -

20110713-pjiwynmt4fptcspx64xw8h7k4q.jpg


Is it possible to obtain spares of these?
 

Attachments

  • 20110713-pjiwynmt4fptcspx64xw8h7k4q.webp
    20110713-pjiwynmt4fptcspx64xw8h7k4q.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 283
Think you might be able to through renault, god knows how much they would want though. Tried giving clio spares a ring, you might have to get a whole new vent as im not sure if their meant to pull apart.
 
Back
Top