ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken CV joint on 182......Best replacement?

ph1 172
Well it seems that tonight my N/S CV joint has let go.

My question being, what would be my best replacement, a second hand one, a genuine brand new one or a pattern part new one?

I would never normally consider any pattern parts on my car but I have just had a quick look on ebay and a driveshaft company in Birmingham are selling new ones for £49.99 with a 2 year warranty?! How can they do that? That is a new driveshaft and CV joint.

I pose these questions as I am unsure whether it is that much of a common item to fail and secondly how reliable a pattern or second hand part would be as I do track days and next month will be driving to the Nurburgring.

Thank you
Rhys

172 Race Car
Brands new Genuine shaft from the dealer, job done.

Weve done 2 seasons racing on ours and they still like new

ph1 172
Would you say I am best in replacing both at the same time then?

Also, what sort of price do you know off hand?

172 Race Car
Not sure on prices but worth every penny over chocolate non gen ones.

Check the other side and see

As Jay says I think for something like the driveshaft it's best to go with gen new ones. From memory £180 a side rings a bell and I guess that is either plus vat or trade price. We had a standard one go at Donington and replaced it for a new one then built up the old one as a spare :)