ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken it 😭

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to ascertain what’s let go tonight at brands.

Motor feels fine.

Noticed tipping in to Graham hill some smoke out the back of the car, upon exit down the back straight, the smoke became a huge plume! And started coming through the vents inside the car as well.
Was rather spectacular 😂 annoying as well as the car was awesome !

Pulled off immediately. Not really sure what it is, I originally thought either the PAS or the brake fluid had shat itself, but they felt okay on the way home.

However, I do now have a bit of a noisy gearbox…. Under load at lower speeds it sounds like a dog box wine from a rally car in 5th predominately but also a little on 3rd…

Any thoughts? I fear the gearbox may have shat itself or the diff ?

Barely use 5th a brands….

Exhaust has shifted as well somehow 🤦🏽‍♂️

IMG_0026.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a hole in the box?

Looks to be dripping out fairly quick there?

It was pissing out much more prior tbh.. I need to get it up on a ramp.

I don’t think anything mechanical has gone because I can get all gears etc..

Very odd. And very spectacular. Race control thought the motor had exploded. The cloud of smoke was seriously impressive 😂 like an old locomotive peddling down the back straight

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It was pissing out much more prior tbh.. I need to get it up on a ramp.

I don’t think anything mechanical has gone because I can get all gears etc..

Very odd. And very spectacular. Race control thought the motor had exploded. The cloud of smoke was seriously impressive 😂

Did you give the oil a sniff test?

Easy to tell between engine and gear oil.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Did you give the oil a sniff test?

Easy to tell between engine and gear oil.

I did at the track… but I find hot gear oil to be misleading.

Now I’m home, there’s more, but only slight (probs run dry) and it does smell more like box oil to me now tbh