ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brought a VIBE CBR10 powered sub&amp not working!?!

ph1 172 Black
Hi

Brought sub and amp and tested at home on a leisure battery hooked up to RCA outputs on my home stereo. Tried on normal RCA out and single sub out and getting distorted high pitch and intermitant bass. The sub moves a fair bit once in a while but don't sound right at all.

I connected live+remote to battery and earth to negative. I don't think I've don't nothing wrong so does anyone have an idea whats wrong so I can explain it to seller. The amp is powering up. Tried in car and got pretty much the same. I thought even if the signal is wrong it shouldn't do this. Is the amp fudged?

I don't really know much but these things you see. Ta for any advice :rasp:

vaux cavalier
A few pointers;

Firstly open your hand and apply equal pressure to gently push the subs cone in, you must push the cone in straight as any sideways pressure will result in an incorrect diagnosis....

If you can feel/hear any notchiness or scraping, then the subs screwed....if it feels smooth then the chances are the subs fine....

Now...

Set input sensitivity/gain control to minimum...
Set crossover frequency to approx 80Hz...

Play music and slowly increase the sensitivity/gain control, you should get bass, if it is still giving poor results then the next step is to remove the sub & check speaker connections....

If the item was delivered by courier, there is a chance its been damaged in transit....Could be anything from a fractured circuit board to a misaligned magnate....

ph1 172 Black
Ok. Cone seems ok. Smooth but how far do you push it? If you push it a long way starts to scrape.

Took amp out (cause it's built into box) All connections look ok. Could I try it on a normal speaker. Got some Gale speakers but I am fond of them so don't wanna blow them.

ph1 172 Black
Just tried again and just makes like a ball dropping sound and thats it? Could I try wireing sub to stereo to test?