ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Broadband Hub

Ok, here I go people lol!

Got 2meg bb at the mo.

Got BT to wack it up to 8meg after a phone call!

Anyway, they've sent me a BT Home Hub thing.

What am I s'pose to do with it?

I've already got a wireless router so I don't see why I need it....

S'pose I'll wait and see if the 8megs working on Monday (activation date) to see if I need it.

It's going straight on ebay if I dont lol......

Thanks

Tom

172 cup'd extreme
Thing is you cant sell um either they are hard coded to you username and phone number.... they are hacking it as we speak!

they are good for nothing disconnection city

Mk2 Golf GTI
Speak for yourselves! My Home Hub has been 100% solid. Had to get rid of an old Netgear router as it would disconnect and require a full reboot at least twice an hour.

320d M Sport
Thing is you cant sell um either they are hard coded to you username and phone number.... they are hacking it as we speak!

they are good for nothing disconnection city

that true?

There's shedloads on ebay, my mate got a 2nd hand one, he's not tried it yet though...?

172 cup'd extreme
Guys have got linux working on it but nowt else as all firmware updates have failed or reverted to the thompson /BT firmware by default

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Min was never hard coded to my details?

Had to enter them in manually.
IIRC they are just BT Specific units only tho.

Anyways, bin it. There utter crap. Oh and you may have been changed to Dsl Max, in which case you may not get any speed change or will suffer during peek hours.

They're configurable manually the hubs.

Maybe you're getting confused with the other BT ADSL modems.. they are configurable only by BT, but the Home/Business Hub's aren't.