ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Broadband Issues Continued.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
some new builds had telephone points wired in by the builders and don't have a M/S as such, but it would be worth fitting one where the line comes into the home.

Faceplates are notorious for poor contacts and degrading the signal.

I moved my router from upstairs to the main socket and saw a speed increase of 2mb.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I got p&ssed of with AOL so have gone to bt. Went with their top package got the hub (the new black one) and the hub phone. All seems to be going ok at the moment havent tried to download that much but will do tommorow night. Did have a minor issue with the disk but phoned up and one of the techys took control of my computer and sorted all out. Good customer service!

LOOOOOL had to chuckle at this

Good choice mate

BMW 328 Ci
Do you have sky? Its probably not the problem but if you do have it try unplugging the sky phoneline. Ages ago the sky phoneline stopped our phone working so the BT engineer just unplugged it. Then the sky guy came round to install sky plus, said he had fixed it, and plugged the sky line back in. It seemed ok but then we got wireless which we couldnt get to stay connected for more than 30mins at a time, very annoying for games and downloading. Thought it was the router but then unplugged sky again and it was fine.

Doesnt quite sound like you have the same sort of problem, but worth a try?

Do you have sky? Its probably not the problem but if you do have it try unplugging the sky phoneline. Ages ago the sky phoneline stopped our phone working so the BT engineer just unplugged it. Then the sky guy came round to install sky plus, said he had fixed it, and plugged the sky line back in. It seemed ok but then we got wireless which we couldnt get to stay connected for more than 30mins at a time, very annoying for games and downloading. Thought it was the router but then unplugged sky again and it was fine.

Doesnt quite sound like you have the same sort of problem, but worth a try?

AHA!! my bro runs sky from his bedroom - ill try that too!